Author: souvenir

Japanese firm agrees to pay World War II Chinese laborers [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-11-4 15:28:57 |Display all floors
Originally posted by wowzers at 2009-11-4 14:15

I'm not telling you that you can't call them "Japs" but I am telling you that is considered hate speech.
Two wrongs don't make a right.
And perpetuating hate never solves anything.

Good statement and perfectly right.

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2009-11-4 15:37:32 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Exergy at 2009-11-4 15:44

Japan of the first half of the 20th century did things like that.  The japan of today has little in common with them.Most of its population was born after that (79% of the population is under 6 ...

There is a vast difference of perception between Chinese citizens and the generation who left China ages ago.

Present day Japan is a very attractive destination for many Chinese which is reflected in the ever increasing number of Chinese who study here or who marry a Japanese partner. I'm not sure whether you know Tokyo well enough but if you walk in Shinjuku district it is almost as common to see and hear Chinese as it is to see and hear Japanese and the trend is increasing. Chinese -in meantime- have overtaken Koreans as the largest foreign resident group in this country.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-11-4 15:48:16 |Display all floors
There is a lot of love for Japanese culture among today's Chinese youth. (Food, anime, music, fashion)
But underneath all of that there is (amongst some) to be found a simmering hatred.

And there are those who would like nothing more to right what they see as unfinished business.
This I believe is taught to them by older generations who have no love for contemporary Japanese culture.

My hope is that between these two opposing forces, a middle ground will emerge.
The peace and well-being of future generations is dependent upon that outcome.
Good Gweilo: My job is the ideological quality control

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-11-4 15:54:58 |Display all floors
Originally posted by wowzers at 2009-11-4 14:15

I'm not telling you that you can't call them "Japs" but I am telling you that is considered hate speech.
Two wrongs don't make a right.
And perpetuating hate never solves anything.

it is good that wow wow jab this lame mod

i think i am allowed to called them japs but i rarely use it la

my mummy used to tell us how the japs soldiers

throw babies into the air

& bayonet thier bellies open
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-11-4 15:56:51 |Display all floors
Originally posted by satsu_jin at 2009-11-4 13:36

The plant wasn't in Shandong Province but in Hiroshima Prefecture where hundreds of foreigners, not only from China, were working as forced laborers. Afaik this is the first time that a Japanes ...

hw about payments for the railway of death  - Burma,Thai,Malai........????
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2009-11-4 16:01:08 |Display all floors
Originally posted by caringhk at 2009-11-4 16:56

hw about payments for the railway of death  - Burma,Thai,Malai........????

Is this a Chinese affair??   Ask your own government(s) to settle the claim.

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2009-11-4 16:06:22 |Display all floors
Originally posted by wowzers at 2009-11-4 16:48
There is a lot of love for Japanese culture among today's Chinese youth. (Food, anime, music, fashion)
But underneath all of that there is (amongst some) to be found a simmering hatred.

And the ...

Yes, it's true. I know that wounds heal harder in Asia than Europe but in the end I see the outcome similar to what Germany and France or Germany and Poland or for that matter even Germany and Russia have achieved. It needs not only the will of the people but even more commitment and firm determination of both governments involved.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.