Views: 4605|Replies: 3

What do you think racism is? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-9-19 23:03:25 |Display all floors
This is completely open.

Please give examples of what you feel racism is?

It can be something you or one someone you know have experienced. It can be verbal, physical, indirect or passive.

How can you tell if some is actually racist or just insensitive towards someone else's race through lack of experience or ignorance?

Can you judge a whole race on its typical stereotypes?

Should we hate a particular race, because we have had a bad experience with someone from that race?  

Can people only understand the concept of racism until they themselves are actually faced with it?

What's your understanding?
/Users/bodeoluwa/Desktop/SpeedyGonzales.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-9-19 23:29:04 |Display all floors
Many people ARE influenced by a few anecdotes from those who may have had a problem with a
particular race.  This can fashion prejudice.

Best treat others as individuals regardless of colour or race.  For example i personally know black people, mixed- race and others who i like and those i dont like, same too whites but this has nothing to do with
their ethnicity just who they are as personalities.

We have to accept that large numbers of people dont want to think for themselves, they want others to do
this for them and so a few loud voices with a political agenda can whip up hatred to suit their own ends.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-9-25 18:06:55 |Display all floors
There is different skin colors, here it comes the racism  ...
I don't know if I like you or love you, want you or need you, all I know is I love the feeling I get when I'm near you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-9-25 18:13:22 |Display all floors

Go to News Talk sections...........

Originally posted by ichiban at 2009-9-19 23:03
This is completely open.

Please give examples of what you feel racism is?

It can be something you or one someone you know have experienced. It can be verbal, physical, indirect or passive.  ...

.........and you will have plenty of examples

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.