Views: 6733|Replies: 6

Chocolate biscuit bar [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-7-15 08:06:10 |Display all floors
I would like to tell you a story.  

My friend told me this story some time ago, and he says it is true.  His sister aged 19 is a very shy girl and never ever ventured outside of her house.  She would rarely talk to strangers, didn’t have a boyfriend, and invariably sat playing with her computer for most of the day.  This fear of meeting other people and severe lack of confidence prompted the family to do something to try and help her.  

It was not right that this family member they loved so much should be so introvert.  The family knew that something was not right, and that the girl should really be encouraged to leave the house and meet others – even for short spells - she was becoming a hermit in her own bedroom, and they felt this would ultimately affect her health.

Anyway, one day they confronted her, and after a lengthy debate, managed to coerce her to go into the nearest town and do some shopping.  Reluctantly she agreed to try her best (if not for herself – then at least to please her family).

On a busy Saturday morning she boarded a much crowded local bus for a journey into town some ten miles distant.  After visiting a few shops and buying some items to wear she decided to visit a cafeteria with her newly acquired self confidence.  Sitting down at the only free table available she relaxed and sipped her tea.

Imagine her surprise when a large black man squeezed into the seat on the opposite side of her table.  Ordinarily an event such as this would have made her panic – the mere thought of having to share a table with a complete stranger would have made her very nervous indeed.  This time she was adamant that she wouldn’t run away.   Nervously – feeling the man was staring at her – she opened a chocolate biscuit bar and snapped one of the segments off and put it into her mouth.  The man was staring straight at her as he reached out across the table and also snapped a segment from the same chocolate bar.  By now she was starting to panic – and wanted to leave and go straight home, but she had promised her family that she would try her best to overcome her fear of the outside world and everything that went with it.  

A few minutes passed which seemed like hours to her before she decided to have the last piece of the biscuit bar, finish her tea and be off home.  As she gingerly reached out for the last segment of the bar, the black man was much quicker – he picked it up first.  Staring straight into her eyes, he snapped it in half with both hands, and offered her half of the biscuit segment

She was now in a state of sheer panic and could have wished herself a million miles away from the spot she was now in.  Ordinarily she would have ran out of the cafeteria – but thinking of the promises she had made, and also convinced that she herself must try and fight her failings of insecurity - our brave girl endured, and with her heart pumping madly, reached across the table with her right hand, and accepted the piece he offered to her, and promptly popped it into her mouth.  Finishing her cup of tea, she gathered her things and hurriedly departed from the cafeteria.

As she sat on the bus home, she reflected on the day’s events and felt proud of her achievements, she had fought a battle with her inner-self and won.  With a self satisfied smirk on her face she opened her purse to pay for her fare on the bus, and there inside her purse staring back at her was her biscuit bar.  

Yes, – she had been eating his bar!

[ Last edited by terryfoy at 2009-7-15 12:10 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-8-5 12:27:08 |Display all floors
aha, I read it twice, and can't help laughing.
very funny, a funny girl.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-6 17:05:42 |Display all floors
How detailed the mental description is!

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2012-3-7 00:20:49 |Display all floors
xiaodi0325 Post time: 2012-2-6 17:05

you can't be serious
Never Let Anyone Outside The Family Know What You're Thinking.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2012-3-7 00:21:10 |Display all floors
xiaodi0325 Post time: 2012-2-6 17:05

you can't be serious
Never Let Anyone Outside The Family Know What You're Thinking.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-7 06:48:37 |Display all floors
snappysammy Post time: 2012-3-7 00:21
you can't be serious

Don't get me wrong. That's just my habit of me to paste a feeling picture, especially happy feelings, after words.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-7 06:48:57 |Display all floors
snappysammy Post time: 2012-3-7 00:21
you can't be serious

Don't get me wrong. That's just my habit of me to paste a feeling picture, especially happy feelings, after words.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.