Views: 3376|Replies: 4

All ethnic groups unite to protect our peaceful home! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-7-9 17:59:06 |Display all floors
China is becoming stronger and richer.
That owes to the hard work and unity of all the peole from different ethnic groups.
But some politicians are not sastified with the current picture. They wish to change the fact to find their own interests.
Chinese people consist of 56 ethnic groups.
We are in the same big family.
We should not let those bad eggs win.
I say: No stability, No Peace; No peace, No better life!

LONG LIVE CHINA! LONG LIVE THE EVERLASTING UNITY OF ALL ETHNIC GROUPS!
手握乾坤鼠, 茶溶四海秋. 心宽无大志, 戏赋欲还休.
Blog: http://www.blog.sina.com.cn/qujiangrong

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-7-9 18:19:50 |Display all floors
Sure, I support you!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-7-9 19:15:55 |Display all floors
augustusq

I share with you an hope for ethnic peace and social stability, however, may I suggest you that the problem is just inside your post: when you argue that there are 56 minorities in China, you should think twice: in fact, this classification is the official classification wich was created under Mao era, in order to create an ethnic "order" into the china nation. The truth is that there are FAR MORE than 56 ethnic groups. And that's a key: When you argue that 56 ethnic group exist in China, you impose YOUR conception of who cna e considered or not as a different ethnic group, so you decide to have the right to refuse or admit who is a different ethnic group with its own culture. That's why many ethnic group are not satisfied, because they think they are not respected. A good example: the Hui, in fact, its a virtual classification of Mao for a group wich cannot be differencied with the standard ethnologic or antrhopologic criterium. Their only difference is their religion. Sorry, the religion is not a criterium to decide if you are different.  Any ethnic affair in China is considered in a logic of ethnocentrism. But how can you force someone to deicde who is he?Maybe a first step should be to clarify the unsane ideologic wich is the basis of ethnic relation in china. In Taiwan, there are officially 9 ethnic group, wich any antrhopologist will tell you how much it's ridiculous, as they have already found, at least, more than 30-'0 ethinc groups.
I hope you understand my meaning.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-7-9 19:21:26 |Display all floors

brainwashing

Chinese technology

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2009-7-9 21:22:50 |Display all floors
Originally posted by yasawakic at 2009-7-9 20:15
augustusq

I share with you an hope for ethnic peace and social stability, however, may I suggest you that the problem is just inside your post: when you argue that there are 56 minorities in Chi ...

The truth is that there are FAR MORE than 56 ethnic groups.

Yes there are more than 56 ethnic groups but the criteria for recognition of an ethnic group have not changed, i.e. min. 2,000 people.

What determines an ethnic group?

- A recognized indigenous homeland within the boundaries of China
- Distinctive language (not dialects)
- Distinctive customs and a strong sense of identity

May I just remind you that the KMT always denied the existence of different ethnic groups. Only after the PRC was founded in 1949 categorizing of ethnicities started. Originally 400 groups registered but it was found that a significant number of ethnicities that claimed to be separate belonged to larger groups with different names.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.