Author: anyone001

Help!!! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-8-24 14:20:49 |Display all floors

Hi. I appreciate your expression about rememering word

Originally posted by terryfoy at 2009-7-15 07:28
When I want a cup of tea – I ask for a tea-pot.  I always know what a teapot is because I always use that word when I want to drink tea.  I can’t forget the word tea-pot as I use it all the time. ...

Your message explaining the word learning is so great, are you a English learning educator? Can I communicate with you by MSN messenger or other ways?
My msn id is bennychee007@hotmail.com
Best wish to you
Benny from Shenzhen.China

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-8-29 23:34:32 |Display all floors
Originally posted by terryfoy at 2009-7-15 07:28
When I want a cup of tea – I ask for a tea-pot.  I always know what a teapot is because I always use that word when I want to drink tea.  I can’t forget the word tea-pot as I use it all the time. ...

May i appehened your wrods in this way : if we want to remember english words,we should do more exerc-ise and use the words continualiy as more as possibly in our daily life.
PS:terryfoy,may i get your msn id,forgive me for reckless

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-8-30 07:11:27 |Display all floors
Thank you for the kind words guys - but unfortunately I don't use MSN - I'm far too busy.  Anyone can write to me - I always endeavour to answer everyone who drops me a line.  Learning English should be a joy - not a stressful worry.  If you find it difficult - then something is wrong - and you are the only one who can turn it around.  Think of all the simple things that make you feel happy - learn how to say and write them in English.  You will surprise yourself on how much you absorb - and how easy it is to remember, simply because it is things that make you happy.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-9-7 12:21:49 |Display all floors
Originally posted by terryfoy at 2009-8-30 07:11
Thank you for the kind words guys - but unfortunately I don't use MSN - I'm far too busy.  Anyone can write to me - I always endeavour to answer everyone who drops me a line.  Learning English shou ...

does Terry can be used as a First name, i thought it's a last name in the past. cause, two of my faverate sporting star, John Terry from Chelsea FC and Jason Terry from Dallas.
sorry for my liberty.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-9-8 07:18:30 |Display all floors
Apologies for deviating from the topic of the thread.  'Terry' is more common as a first name in the UK - in my case it is an abbreviation of Terence.  My proper first name is 'Terence' but it is shortened to 'Terry'.  Similarly - 'Johnathan' is shortened to 'John', Frederick is shortened to Fred - and so on.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.