Author: buddy35

77 Chinese kids missing in UK [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-5-10 12:04:29 |Display all floors

Reply #6 oioioi's post

Agreed, find them and punish them appropriately!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-5-10 16:58:45 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2009-5-10 15:45
So organised criminals 'export' Chinese youngsters to the UK, then they smuggle them right out of a refugee children detention centre and into the burgeoning sweatshop market.

Wow, the mods actually removed my innocent post! How do these guys opperate? Is it just random what they remove?

All I said was that it seems strange that lonely children without passports and visas can board international flights in Beijing and fly off to England. Perhaps something the Chinese police should look into...

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2009-5-10 17:09:00 |Display all floors
Originally posted by oioioi at 2009-5-10 17:58

Wow, the mods actually removed my innocent post! How do these guys opperate? Is it just random what they remove?

All I said was that it seems strange that lonely children without passports a ...

oioi,

They cannot travel without being accompanied by an adult.

If they've been 'smuggled' out of the country by gangs there must be some buyers in the country of destination. Who are these 'buyers'? In my opinion they are as criminal as the sellers.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-5-10 17:26:46 |Display all floors
Originally posted by satsu_jin at 2009-5-10 17:09

oioi,

They cannot travel without being accompanied by an adult.

If you follow the link and read the entire article, it does really appear that they arrive completely alone (which is why they end up being detained). I'm as baffled as you are which is why I think Beijing airport might be a good place to start this investigation.

Sorry, you have to read the Guardian article: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/ ... nese-children-crime

[ Last edited by oioioi at 2009-5-10 05:28 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-5-10 17:30:43 |Display all floors
From the Guardian article quoted above (my bold):

"The report, by the immigration agency's national intelligence unit, was passed to the Guardian by a source concerned that too little action was being taken to tackle the problem. It says Chinese children arrive alone on flights to Heathrow before they are picked up by border officials and taken into local authority care. In two thirds of cases, they disappear quickly – most within a week and many within 24 hours. Many flee during fire drills and 10 have jumped out of windows. Others simply walk out of the front door into waiting cars."

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2009-5-10 18:02:15 |Display all floors
Originally posted by oioioi at 2009-5-10 18:30

Tkx for the link. I just read the article. The investigation has indeed to start at the airport of departure. This kind of human trade is only possible if immigration authorities PLUS airline cooperate. Is there anything known about the airlines that transported these unaccompanied minors? Did they have valid travel documents?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-5-10 18:12:04 |Display all floors
Originally posted by satsu_jin at 2009-5-10 18:02

Tkx for the link. I just read the article. The investigation has indeed to start at the airport of departure. This kind of human trade is only possible if immigration authorities PLUS airline ...

Yes, it seems clear that the criminals have to operate both in the UK and in China to make this work. One would think that it should be fairly easy to identify the person(s) responsible for security in Beijing when the flights with the children departed. Surely, the UK border security keep records of which flights the kids arrived with, and it shouldn't be a problem to use these records and simply see who did what in Beijing on the particular days when those flights left China...

Hopefully, this disgusting crime can be solved quickly so that the children can return to their families.

:)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.