Author: helper4u3

Development on Chinese Passport [Copy link] 中文

Gold Medal

Post time 2009-5-9 15:50:11 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Kbay at 2009-5-9 16:11

Please provide us with your evidence, with figures such as percentage of non-returing tourists etc.

I give you a few figures from Japan where this problem is not considered alarming:

2007 approx. 4,000  Chinese tourists overstayed or 'went missing'
2008 approx. 2,800  

Total number of tourists from China in the first 6 months of 2008:    501,000  - estimate for the whole year:  1,1 million - an increase of 18% over 2007

Eff. 1.7.09 Japan will issue individual visas (up to end of June group visas only) to Chinese tourists

The easing of visa regulations comes into effect on July 1st. Japanese visas for Chinese tourists are currently issued only for groups or families with tour attendants.

The decision comes as the number of Chinese visitors continues to rise despite a tourism slump, amid the global economic downturn and the appreciation of the yen. Japan hopes the initiative will encourage more foreign visitors, especially Chinese.

Under the deregulation, visas will be issued to Chinese tourists with an annual income of at least 250,000 yuan, or about 36,000 dollars.

The government says these restrictions are still needed because some Chinese went missing in Japan after entering on tourist visas.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-5-9 16:32:30 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Kbay at 2009-5-9 15:08
Mainlanders from Shenzhen can cross the boarder ...

I thought mainlanders include ALL the Chinese people that live in the PRC, and not only the ones in the Special Economic Zone that is Shenzhen. Think about this for 2-3 days and after you digest it, and take your medication on time, then come back to post.
Also read about what satsu_jin said on his latest post about Japan
响屁不臭,臭屁不响,连环屁又臭又响

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-5-10 12:46:31 |Display all floors
The idea is to help promote change or to persue change to the Chinese Passport so that Chinese citizens can travel more freely without a Visa to the neighbouring countries. This conecpt is a benefit to Chinese Citizen regardless what Zone they are in and will allow Travel more freely. I believe that though China is communist, to be Chinese is to be free, which means China can exsist being communist and at the same time the people are able to have rights which is inherited by the Chinese Passport, which is established by diplomatic relationship. Self containment and restiction of movement will only lead to the slow down of the movement process. Of course there will be some objections and misunderstanding but the key to Chinese freedom is the ablility for Chinese Movement through the obtainment of the passport. Why increase the passport by double? The suggestion is to offset the loss of Visa revenue and to create value for the Chinese Passport.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-5-16 15:57:51 |Display all floors
Originally posted by helper4u3 at 2009-5-10 14:46
The idea is to help promote change or to persue change to the Chinese Passport so that Chinese citizens can travel more freely without a Visa to the neighbouring countries. ...

Helper, I'll give you the good oil.

Now go and read what Gangsta and Satsu wrote. They know what they're talking about with this visa business.

Ignore everything that KBay has written, he is a fool who knows nothing.

The problem is NOT the Chinese passport itself.
There are a number of issues;

Mainland Chinese citizens need approval from their government/PSB to leave the country.
Western citizens do not need permission to leave their own countries.

Mainland Chinese citizens need approval from their government/PSB to visit HK or Macau.
Many western citizens do not need special visas to visit HK for up to 3 months at a time.

Mainland Chinese citizens need visas to visit many western countries because it is known that many would try to stay illegally in western countries to live and work.
Western citizens need visas to visit China, but very few western citizens would want to stay and work illegally in China.

When China's standard of living and income levels rise to a point where there is little incentive to try to illegally migrate to western countries, then we will most likely see the dropping of visa requirements for Chinese citizens to visit western countries.
Whether China allows its own citizens to travel freely will depend on the development of civilised attitudes to the rule of law, dem0cracy and freedom.
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-5-16 21:06:44 |Display all floors
Originally posted by emucentral at 2009-5-16 15:57
Mainland Chinese citizens need approval from their government/PSB to leave the country.
Western citizens do not need permission to leave their own countries....

This is a lie.

How could you consider passport requirement and application as "need approval from PSB to leave the country".

emucc always see negative things happening in China, as usual.

Mainland Chinese citizens need approval from their government/PSB to visit HK or Macau.
Many western citizens do not need special visas to visit HK for up to 3 months at a time.

This is a lie.

How could you consider passport requirement and application as "need approval from PSB to leave the country".

emucc always see negative things happening in China, as usual.

Mainland Chinese citizens need visas to visit many western countries because it is known that many would try to stay illegally in western countries to live and work.

So? anything abnormal?

Compare this to Afghanistan trying to reach Australia by boat after their country bombed by "you know who".

Western citizens need visas to visit China, but very few western citizens would want to stay and work illegally in China.

You missed your old friend, the porridge eater seneka.

When China's standard of living and income levels rise to a point where there is little incentive to try to illegally migrate to western countries, then we will most likely see the dropping of visa requirements for Chinese citizens to visit western countries.

This is true. The reverse trend already appeared, losers like seneka sneak into China and cheat a naive girl to provide him longer visa.

Whether China allows its own citizens to travel freely will depend on the development of civilised attitudes to the rule of law, dem0cracy and freedom.  

How much Chinese do you want? 20 million? We'll process it swiftly.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-5-16 21:13:19 |Display all floors
Originally posted by augusten at 2009-5-16 21:06
You missed your old friend, the porridge eater seneka.

Is he staying in China illegally?

Originally posted by augusten at 2009-5-16 21:06
This is true. The reverse trend already appeared, losers like seneka sneak into China and cheat a naive girl to provide him longer visa.

Can't you keep people not involved out of this fight? I guess you don't know his wife at all, so stop supposing.

[ Last edited by bern2009 at 2009-5-16 10:37 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-5-17 17:59:32 |Display all floors
Originally posted by augusten at 2009-5-16 23:06
This is a lie.

How could you consider passport requirement and application as "need approval from PSB to leave the country"., ...

Go back and read Post #11 from Satsu.
He has printed the relevant regulations, and if he is to be believed, then a "permit" is required for a mainlander to visit HK or Macau. These permits are available from the PSB offices and are separate from the passports themselves.

Now, if I wish to travel to HK, what I do is I go to the airport here in Melbourne and get on a plane.
I carry my passport with me and all I need to do is fill out a landing card when I land at Chek Lap Kok.

Same if I was to travel to New Zealand, Great Britain or Europe.

I don't need to visit my local "PSB" or Police Station and get any permit to leave the country or travel within Australia.

Oh, and like Bern said, Seneca is working in China legally and paying taxes. The illegals I refer to are ones who overstay their visas and work illegally without paying taxes.
We have them in Australia, and it also occurs in Europe, USA and other places.
Because there is a high risk, that's why mainlanders need visas for many western countries, whereas HK citizens do not - because they are far less likely to work as illegals as they already have a high standard of living in HK.

[ Last edited by emucentral at 2009-5-17 08:05 PM ]
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.