Author: yasawakic

300 000 babies sick with melamine!!! [Copy link] 中文

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2008-12-4 14:54:03 |Display all floors

Emu

Yes, thanks for your comments.

In business in China I sometimes find that the guy at the lower part of the chain will change something without telling in order to make more money.

Example, a trader friend sold a container of 100W compressors to Australia. When they arrived they were 90W and getting payment was difficult.  The seller said that they had the same efficiency as the 100W because they were a better design.  But that is not the point!  The deal should be what is ordered as stated and not what the seller thinks it should be.

I used to ship containers of product from China.  It would take me one year to design and proof new products by which time a copy of it was already in the Canton Fair before I even had chance to get the product moving in Europe.  It is just a different business mentality which in the case of these food products proved fatal.  AiiYaaaa !!!

Hopefully, all food products will have compulsoty stringent testing as part of their production cycle to avoid tradgedies like this.

Thanks Emu  :)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-4 15:46:38 |Display all floors

Down Under logic .

emu has from the start decided that the Chinese government cannot do anything right . He has determined that the New Zealanders are innocent bystanders . From that biased and bigoted vintage point , he has launched himself into the abyss of ridicule and laughable illogica .

Sanlu is the gate keeper . Any self respecting and dignified corporation will ensure that supplies ( especially food ) are pure and of the qualities you demand . To fob off this " melamine slipped through " is just so amateurish and pitiable .What if cyanide or arsenic was added ?

Come come emu . Your childish game of China bashing has been an abject failure and you are now becoming more and more strident in attacking me personally . I stand by all my statements . Can you stand by any of yours ? Blah .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-4 15:56:29 |Display all floors
menghzi i like ur avatar

but

not ur brain

sory

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-4 16:49:00 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mengzhi at 2008-12-4 17:46
emu has from the start decided that the Chinese government cannot do anything right . He has determined that the New Zealanders are innocent bystanders . From that biased and bigoted vintage point , he has launched himself into the abyss of ridicule and laughable illogica .

Sanlu is the gate keeper . Any self respecting and dignified corporation will ensure that supplies ( especially food ) are pure and of the qualities you demand . To fob off this " melamine slipped through " is just so amateurish and pitiable .What if cyanide or arsenic was added ?

Come come emu . Your childish game of China bashing has been an abject failure and you are now becoming more and more strident in attacking me personally . I stand by all my statements . Can you stand by any of yours ? Blah .

Mengzhi is losing face by the metric tonne and is still trying to misrepresent what I've been saying in a doomed attempt to save himself a few milligrams of self respect.

Firstly, I have not blamed the Chinese government for creating the melamine affair.
Secondly the reports of the chronology of this issue indicated Fontera were trying to get the products recalled and when Sanlu wouldn't cooperate, had to go through the NZ government to get it to the attention of Beijing. This is not the fault of Beijing or New Zealand.
Thirdly, I never suggested Melamine "slipped through" so I have no idea why you stupidly used that expression. Melamine was deliberately added and I think it is reasonable to presume that since it is not normally used in the milking production chain, that there was no particular reason to test for it. Iodine, on the other hand, which is sometimes used as a cleaner of Dairy equipment, is tested for as far as I am aware, in Australia. I am sure your local fruit wholesaler doesn't test his bananas for plutonium as it is not something which would be expected to be encountered. He may, however, test for pesticides.

I stand by my posts, as they display commonsense and reason.
Yours, on the other hand, are infected with prejudice.
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-6 11:10:18 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mengzhi at 2008-12-3 07:37
Dumb Down .

I suggest that the China bash brigade should grasp the great leap forward in China's dealings with such shame as the melamine disaster . Previously , it was all hush hush and cover up : denial and counter propaganda . Nowadays , the Chinese government is the first to publicize , treat and follow-up all cases of illness related to this event . Over one million babies and infants were exposed .Thankfully the morbidity and mortality rates are extremely low . Nevertheless , the Chinese health department has given an undertaking to treat all complications for as long as is necessary .

Those whose agenda it is to bash China come hell or high water is now criticizing the data published . They would bad mouth China if this is not done and now they are bad mouthing China for doing it . These are the low lives which have no brains , no logic and no future . Go and play in the sandpit  

From where you sensed foreigners or Chinese pointing fingers at China authorities on reporting the 'great leap' numbers of sick babies? Anyone questioned why the 'great leap' yet?

Remember Sanlu got the test report about melamine found in their milk powder on August 2 and reported to the municipal government. But they didn't report to provincial government until 9.11 Sanlu announced their product recall. If Sanlu could recall earlier, wouldn't the numbers not reeach 300,000?

Sanlu's Tian Wenhua(Chairman and General Manager of Sanlu and Party Secretary) was arrested for criminal charge under article 144. The officials covering for Sanlu were just removed from posts, not dismissed. If I bought Sanlu milk powder serval bags before August 6 and fed my  baby until 9.11, should I not blame the officials as well? 38 days!!!

And did you not read that a parent in 40,000 yuan debt of operation fee for his baby not got compensation yet? not even got a written reply from the people's court that reject the case. Don't you not understand their feelings?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-6 19:06:16 |Display all floors

We are talking about different things .

amyamy,

I am in agreement with you . Sanlu's executives and owners ( Chinese and New Zealanders ) must be prosecuted and punished appropriately . Emu is trying to exonerate the NZ partner from their responsibilities in this criminal act . I am maintaining that the Sanlu company should have picked up the aberration in the protein content ( if they did not intentionally add the melamine to the milk ) and do immediate recall . The Chines government could not have done more . I do not know the case of compensation you have cited . I am not a Chinese official .:):)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-6 19:11:56 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mengzhi at 2008-12-6 19:06
I am not a Chinese official .

Correct.

Well done.

You are a Malaysian quack in Australia.

Your confession is noted.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.