Views: 5184|Replies: 1

THE MOST COURAGEOUS MAN OF ALL [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-11-13 09:57:15 |Display all floors
A German hockey goaly is given seven weeks life expectancy but anyhow keeps on training.

VÍCTOR JORDÁN • Madrid - Robert Müller, German ice hockey goalkeeper, has spent most of his life Shopping the pucks that try to enter his goal. Anyhow, he had never had to stop a shot as complicated as the one he is facing now; a brain cancer. Back in 2006 after suffering dizziness he was diagnosed with a brain cancer. This type of cancer is very aggressive and grows very quickly consuming the victim’s life in a very short time.

Müller faced his illness with great courage and alter a first operation where the tumor was partially taken, he returned to the ice rings. Actually he only stayed 3 months away from them. At those times he had to change his “working” Tools for the chemiotherapy and the ice rings for the hospital wards but he managed to avoid that the cancer shot entered his goal. “I am a very fotunate man, I know there is still part of the tumor in me, but I need to be positive”, Robert said after returning to the ice rings. By the way a very successful return because his team, Kolner Haie, came runner up in the National League and he Could even represent his country in the World Cup in Canada.

This German, 28 years old, married and father of 2 kids kept on going with his normal life as a sportsman; training and completely commited to his great passion, ice hockey. Unfortunately last summer, during a rutinary check, cancer was there again and this time even bigger and more aggressive than before. Müller went the doctor’s knife once again, but this time the tumor Could not be removed totally and the rest Leith are opressing the brain veins.

Doctors have given up any survival hopes
In fact, doctors that are seeing him, have given up ana ll hopes, something that Muller has done at all. Doctors told him that he could expect to live 6 or 7 weeks. “Most of these type of patients will not make thru the first year and actually only a 3% reaches 5 years”, says Wolfgang Wick, oncologist of the Heidelberg University that is treating him.

Not even 50 days life and Müller keeps the same happiness as always.”My mind is only thinking about hockey” he says. “Now my only goal is to be able to start playing the Championship again-en of November-and thank this way to all my teammates all the support and help given”. The German goaly says he is not suffering any dizziness or handicap because of the cancer and he is very clear when saying “ I want to be considered as one more of the team, I don’t want to play only because of compassion”. No doubt this man is an example of a true survivor and a fighter that confronts the most difficult challenge a person can come across.

I can only say, thanks Robert for your example to all of us and good luck to you!

*This news has been lifted from the Spanish newspaper Diario Marca and translated by the poster. I apologise for any spelling or grammar mistake.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-11-13 10:34:09 |Display all floors

and by the way........

Some of us still complain when small things happen in our lives.

We have to learn and follow the example of these type of people.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.