Author: zzxxll

U.S. governments have made lots of enemies in the past 60 years in the world. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-10-17 17:20:59 |Display all floors
Originally posted by zzxxll at 2008-10-17 15:58
or even what if everybody has neither friends nor enemies?

could you imagine or understand?

regards

Originally posted by satsu_jin at 2008-10-17 15:52

If a nation has no enemies, it usually has many friends. No enemies, no friends? Give us an example.

Interesting choice of words to express that notion from zzxxll...

Almost as if he was thinking about the song (thought the part of 'no countries' doesn't quite fit:

Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today...

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-10-17 17:42:02 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mengzhi at 2008-10-12 20:21
The arrogant and self important bully.

Dear projeka,

There is a huge chasm between being arrogant and deserving of praise .To award yourself the title of " our country is great  " is easy , it is what the world gives in their verdict that counts. The world's nations are " friends " of the Yanks because they are :

1) Bribed with economic advantages or

2)  Threatened with punishment if they are not  or just

3) Invaded into submission .

There is the absence of good will , trust , friendship or respect : things arrogance cannot buy . Hear me? ...

The arrogant and self important bully.

Dear Mengzhi,

There is a huge chasm between being arrogant and deserving of praise .To award yourself the title of " our country is great  " is easy, Buddy does it all the time. It is what the world gives in their verdict that counts. The world's nations are " friends " of the Chinese govt because they are :

1) Bribed with economic advantages (witness the aid "auctions" being done by China/Twn with small pacific islands)

2)  Threatened with punishment if they are not  or just  (no trade, diplomatic relations, approved destination status)

3) Invaded into submission , (just you wait)

There is the absence of good will , trust , friendship or respect : things arrogance cannot buy . Hear me?
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-10-17 17:54:41 |Display all floors

Emu's strange language

emu says:

2)  Threatened with punishment if they are not  or just  (no trade, diplomatic relations, approved destination status)

3) Invaded into submission , (just you wait)

There is the absence of good will , trust , friendship or respect : things arrogance cannot buy . Hear me?

Could you please translate this into English?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-10-17 18:14:52 |Display all floors

Language of the damned .

Dear peterb,

I will translate emu's rant into English . It is the lament of the losers and the envious . Bully boys for 200 years have just been told to butt out , from Venezuela to Iran to every nation on every continent .  USA has no friends , just puppets and bribe takers , and the Aussies are the strongest sucker-uppers to Uncle Sam .Funny tragic .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-4-30 23:32:08 |Display all floors
I'm from America and I do realize we have a TON of enemys, but we do have some friends. This includes the many countrys we have aided in war. :)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.