Views: 859756|Replies: 657

Are European girls more beautiful than Chinese girls? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-7-22 13:19:30 |Display all floors
I have been losing sleep over this problem lately.

Why do Chinese people think that European girls are more beautiful than Chinese girls?

Why do Chinese girls always try to have plastic surgery to look like European girls?

I am Chinese myself,  and I personally believe that Chinese girls are more beautiful than European girls.

I think that we need to launch a movement to educate the Chinese girls,   to teach the Chinese girls that they are more beautiful than European girls,  and to stop the Chinese girls from worshipping European girls.

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2008-7-22 13:47:02 |Display all floors
Originally posted by chindragon at 2008-7-22 14:19

Why do Chinese people think that European girls are more beautiful than Chinese girls?

Why do Chinese girls always try to have plastic surge ...

Why do Chinese girls always try to have plastic surgery to look like European girls?

This is difficult to say but this trend is not unique to China. For years it was the same in Japan and Korea. Only since about two, three years has this trend be reversed. It seems to be a fashion right now but sooner or later these girls will realize that they look much better than most European or American girls.

I think that we need to launch a movement to educate the Chinese girls,   to teach the Chinese girls that they are more beautiful than European girls,  and to stop the Chinese girls from worshipping European girls.

As I said before this is a fashion trend. There is no need to educate them. They are old and mature enough to find out about their own beauty. Just give them time.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-22 13:51:28 |Display all floors
Beauty nowadays certainly has too much of a eurocentric focus.  This is inevitable as european or european derivative countries dominate world politics.  Yet, as China becomes a more influential force in the world economy, chinese cultural values will seep more into the international stage.  There is still a long way to go in order to shift the ideal of beauty from eurocentric to a more multiculturally balanced ideal.  But I do believe we can get there.  

Personally, I adore the raven-haired chinese beauty.  Growing up watching quality chinese historical dramas may have helped instill this belief in me.

Please check out the following link and support a chinese idea of beauty.

http://www.missperfect10.ca/contestant.php?id=01

Thanks!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-22 13:55:34 |Display all floors
Originally posted by chindragon at 2008-7-22 13:19

Why do Chinese girls always try to have plastic surge ...

hehe...

maybe for European girls have erection nose...and big eyes...

for me, I prefer to our chinese girls...in most of time, no feeling to that Europeans girls even they took bikini and act as sexy...

not any offend for European...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-22 13:58:20 |Display all floors

Beauty is only skin deep.

And plastic surgery is for the stupid women.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-22 14:04:35 |Display all floors
"no feeling to that Europeans girls even they took bikini and act as sexy..."

To me, if a girl is sexy, she is sexy no matter what she wears. Western girls are beautiful to my eyes, so are Chinese, Idian, Latin, etc. But they have to be smart at the same time to be attractive. To be looking like somebody else by plastic surgery, they just make themselves like brainless dolls.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-22 14:22:11 |Display all floors
Originally posted by satsu_jin at 2008-7-22 13:47

This ...

Konichiwa,  satsu_jin san

You are quite right , it is just a stupid fashion trend.  

But how long will it take before the " uneducated " Chinese girls realize that Chinese girls are actually beautiful and that Chinese girls should stop trying to have plastic surgery to look like European girls?

It could take a long time,  maybe another ten years!

That is too long to wait.

China should launch some kind of education campaign to familiarize the poor uneducated Chinese girls with international standards of beauty.

If the uneducated Chinese girls knew international standards of beauty,  the Chinese girls would learn that a girl with a very big long crooked nose is very ugly,  and the Chinese girls would stop having surgery to make their noses bigger.

Also,  if the uneducated Chinese girls knew international standards of beauty,  the Chinese girls would know that small almond eyes are very beautiful and sexy,  and the Chinese girls would stop having surgery to make their eyes bigger.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.