Author: buddy35

Teachers' Day [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-9-12 09:52:54 |Display all floors
I found it amusing that chk called Confucius...."envious". I think he meant envied. I highly doubt anybody envies him because he's long dead now but I'll agree that he was a great teacher and I've had the good fortune to visit the Kong family home in Qu fu as well as their graveyard where I've stood in front of King Tze's tombstone. Was quite a humbling thing actually!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-9-12 11:11:34 |Display all floors
very good

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-9-12 11:57:01 |Display all floors
Confucius was an opportunist who died penniless and unpopular until much after his death (when his teachings could be advantageous for those in power to keep their control over the masses).
Individuality: Always Remember That You Are Unique.  Just Like Everybody Else.

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2008-9-12 12:19:38 |Display all floors
Originally posted by projeka at 2008-9-12 12:57
Confucius was an opportunist who died penniless and unpopular until much after his death (when his teachings could be advantageous for those in power to keep their control over the masses).

Confucius was an opportunist

The voice of an expert.

Ah, I understand. This is the reason why he is equally honored not only in China but also in Korea, Japan and Vietnam.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.