Views: 4324|Replies: 5

Has the olympics lost it's way ? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-8-26 19:51:41 |Display all floors
Now that the Olympics are over and done with for another four years , it's time to ask the question , " has the Olympics lost it's original intent " I can remember once apon a time the Olympics were for the best amateur athletes from every nation on earth , skip forward to modern day Olympics and it seems that there is not one amateur athlete competing , if we were to add up the combined earnings of the members of the dream team we could probably pay off a small countries total debt , it also seems that only the rich countries of the world could ever hope to host the Olympics , I can only emagine the burden the Chinese people will have to face when the cost is finally tallied , there was a time when all countries were invited to attend , now you are invited only if your presence is not deemed to be a political or a security risk , I guess perceptions about sport has changed too , most people try to excel at sports these day's because of sponsorship deals and contracts , there are the odd exception's , I cannot remember his name but at Athens there was a swimmer who only just finnished the race , he swam like a brick but he gave it his all and for a brief moment every one watching was reminded that some people do it for the love of the sport no other reason .
There are no Ugly women , only those with low self esteem .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-8-26 20:30:09 |Display all floors

Disappointed

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-8-27 00:47:27 |Display all floors
higher, faster,stronger.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-8-27 03:16:39 |Display all floors
Those three words remind us that the Olympics has become a farce.
Higher, Faster, Farther...
How many of the Medal events actually have these as the main criteria? These days it seems less than half.
Boo IOC, BOOOOOOOO!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-8-27 04:47:21 |Display all floors

what big O means today...

Originally posted by cyberspook at 8/26/08 06:51 AM
Now that the Olympics are over and done with for another four years , it's time to ask the question , " has the Olympics lost it's original intent " I can remember once apon a time the Ol ...

what olympics really means today is...send me your very best to compete with me (show me what you've really got)  

the US of course send all her professional athletes...and now china is investing extremely heavy as well & that left those poor countries no room to breath  ;P

the olympics rules & venues should be changed for the better  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-8-27 19:52:11 |Display all floors
so as a westerner I am not alone in my concerns about the direction the Olympics are taking , as you will notice soapdodger I did not mention the paralympics or for that matter the special Olympics as they still know what they are trying to achieve .
There are no Ugly women , only those with low self esteem .

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.