Author: vorgal78

China as the no.1 [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-8-22 07:28:09 |Display all floors
Oh, I don't mean to say people should not argue, it is just that the threads often devolve into slanging matches about people's personalities and nationalities. I didn't mean to say anyone is actually wrong, just that discussion is different from insult and I could see the thread heading into the territory of the latter.
Personally I thought it all started off rather well.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-8-22 13:11:08 |Display all floors

Reply #11 interesting's post

Agreed!  But, I think the Chinese have been very good at subjug.ating their own kind for thousands of years.  But, when it came to conquering those abroad they failed.  But, why try to conquer others when you can conquer your own?
Individuality: Always Remember That You Are Unique.  Just Like Everybody Else.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-8-22 13:33:35 |Display all floors
Projeka,

The problem China faced in conquests abroad is that people don't like foreign domination. What made Europeans such powerful colonizers wasn't ruthlessness or military effectiveness, but their libertine attitude towards technological development. China carefully hid its most precious industrial secrets while the West would simply spread them around. This ensured that people worldwide came to associate the West with science and progress and colonialists could rely on a fifth column of pro-Western Moderns in colonized societies who viewed colonization as their ticket to the modern world.

China never could offer anything similar, leading to endless, bloody wars to maintain the territory it held.
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-8-22 13:34:55 |Display all floors
Vorgal,

You will realize that there are certain people to whom no quarter will be given.
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-8-22 13:37:34 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2008-8-22 13:52:48 |Display all floors
Originally posted by iamnaive at 2008-8-22 14:37
If the only thing a new super power China would ask me to do is to throw away my fork and spoon and get used to chop sticks I might give in. But all the rest of it I will resist. Only over my dead  ...

Don't be afraid. There's no need to sacrifice your body. I'm sure that China doesn't want it, neither alive nor dead.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-8-22 13:59:33 |Display all floors
Originally posted by vorgal78 at 2008-8-22 07:08
Try to remain open minded in your discussions children, without resorting to personal attack. It is natuaral for people to disagree, to have different ideas, nut to simply say i am right you are wr ...

You created the thread!!!

Now you clean those s h i t s

After that i will say well done to you
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.