Reply #5 projeka's post

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-8-22 13:26:34 |Display all floors

Reply #6 unimane's post

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-8-22 13:30:25 |Display all floors
Firstly, Jordan doesn't seem to realize that Stalin didn't found the USSR. Secondly, he, like Huang, doesn't seem to realize that the Kingdom of Hawaii had European citizens that ended up controlling the country after David Kalakaua gambled and spent his way to a debt-ridden nation under economic collapse (the Iolani Palace, the location for the OP, cost a truly ungodly $300,000 which is probably akin to a few billion in today's dollars, though I can't find my deflator tables). This led to a revolt and a new constitution, which Liliuokalani tried to remove, which was the end of the monarchy.
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-8-22 13:47:58 |Display all floors

Reply #7 jordan_c_fan's post

Hahahahaha.... Let's go ask the people of Hawaii if they'd like to be a part of "People's" Republic of China... they'd probably die from laughter.
Individuality: Always Remember That You Are Unique.  Just Like Everybody Else.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-8-22 16:02:14 |Display all floors
Originally posted by interesting at 2008-8-22 13:30
Firstly, Jordan doesn't seem to realize that Stalin didn't found the USSR. Secondly, he, like Huang, doesn't seem to realize that the Kingdom of Hawaii had European citizens that ended up controlling the country after David Kalakaua gambled and spent his way to a debt-ridden nation under economic collapse (the Iolani Palace, the location for the OP, cost a truly ungodly $300,000 which is probably akin to a few billion in today's dollars, though I can't find my deflator tables). This led to a revolt and a new constitution, which Liliuokalani tried to remove, which was the end of the monarchy.

What are you exactly? Some sort of shill for American imperialism? It seems all you do is pat the U.S. on the back for various acts of blatant aggression.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-8-22 16:34:01 |Display all floors
Kodama,

Not really. It's pretty well demonstrated that you don't know anything about the annexation of Hawaii, otherwise, you'd not make that comment at all. The Hawaiian monarchy was overthrown by people who were then flatly rebuffed by Pres. Cleveland, who withdrew their proposed annexation treaty, demanded that the provisional government be restored and the monarchy re-established.

You could at least have taken the time to read the Wikipedia page on the matter, you know.

But now I want you to name the places where I pat the US on the back. Go on. Name them.
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-8-22 18:10:55 |Display all floors
Free Hawaii Now!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.