Author: zhoupu

Anger expressed over McCain, Dalai meeting [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-7-29 18:42:32 |Display all floors

Reply #6 emucentral's post

Sorry to see y0urself like this.
The longer China carries on like a sooky little baby about anyone who happens to glance in the general direction of the DL, the larger the number of requests the DL will get for audiences.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-29 19:05:48 |Display all floors

Reply #3 tongluren's post

tong, and this isn't my opinion, but, who do you think actually cares about the Chinese people except the Chinese people and folks like FD and Zg, and even myself who live here and thus, have a vested interest as well as affinity for them? What McCain does is McCains business until he becomes Prez and until then, I can't see how his meeting the DL can have any impact whatsoever on Sino-US relations.....what an absurd suggestion!
P.S, I'm not pro DL, I'm just pro peace and if China can ne open to dialogue with the fellow, so can others, don't you think?
"What's good must be universal" my mislead friend.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-29 23:16:25 |Display all floors
Originally posted by emucentral at 2008-7-29 17:41
Mr. McCain is merely one of a hundred US senators, who happens to be a Presidential candidate.
Who he meets is his own business, not China's.

The longer China carries on like a sooky litt ...

I wonder how you will react if Osama bin Laden meet the victims of cronulla riot and offer moral support.
师夷长技以制夷

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-29 23:27:04 |Display all floors

McCain Met the Dalai for Religious Services?

If McCain met the Dalai, and shaved his head and prostrated before the fake god and seeked religious blessings, it is indeed none of the Chinese's business.

But the discussions that were published concerned ONLY Chinese internal politics - namely the governance of China's Tibet.  There was not even any pretense that he met Dalai for his "wisdom" - there was no talk of compassion or for stopping the ongoing violence in Iraq.  As a U.S. Senator or worse yet, a presidential candidate, such interference in China's internal politics is naked aggression and totally uncalled for.  

It is not as if Obama is any better, I reckon.  But this happens to be in the news more recently.

America is the unruly brat, seeking exceptions when it heartlessly harms others, just because it is America.  That cannot go on forever.  Grow up America.  You need China more than China needs you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-30 01:10:02 |Display all floors
Tong,

An English language lesson: there is a difference between "America" the country and "American", a person that lives there. No American is America because no person, save Louis XIV, is a country.
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-30 17:12:25 |Display all floors
i sincerely urge our government to have a meet with ben laden who is a hero fighting with imperialism america.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-30 17:13:47 |Display all floors
Pao,

Go ahead. The US will express dismay that can be safely ignored.
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.