Author: thunderbird

Space Elevator....Fiction or Reality? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-7-23 02:51:00 |Display all floors
Originally posted by cksins at 2008-7-22 19:59
i think a rope is more practical than your cable for elevator   haha
ancient people are greater than moden people
they can design something like a rope from the top of sky nowdays people can't i ...

Yes....it has to be a very...very long rope....as thick as the elephant belly.....hahahahhahha   

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-23 02:54:07 |Display all floors
Originally posted by chrisaaron at 2008-7-22 21:02

your thread really "thunder" me . i thought you were talking about a ghost story

Yes...it could have been a ghost story...now, every one can reach heaven safe and sound...as long as you pay the train ticket in advance!  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-23 17:22:05 |Display all floors
Originally posted by thunderbird at 2008-7-23 02:54

Yes...it could have been a ghost story...now, every one can reach heaven safe and sound...as long as you pay the train ticket in advance!  

i will provide the arabs once construction of the catapult has been completed

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-27 20:56:21 |Display all floors
Using the "physics" we are taught these days it's no wonder the approach to the space elevator is discussed on the "cable" level. How about force fields? They have been investigated since 1890 at least but, strangely, we never seem to hear about them. Would open the antigrav can of worms, wouldn't it?

In 1907 - three years after the Wright brothers' flight -  the Scientific American still published articles declaring the impossibility of heavier-than-air flight. Some science! With our establishment of high priests defending the dogma instead of doing science, nobody wonders why we have no official theory of gravity. Without knowing about gravity how are they going to build a functioning space elevator?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-6 04:30:01 |Display all floors
[quote]Originally posted by outrageous at 2010-3-27 20:56
Using the "physics" we are taught these days it's no wonder the approach to the space elevator is discussed on the "cable" level. How about force fields? They have been investig ... [/quote

Good point!

We must know and find out what is gravity

We must look into alternative energy fields

How about magnetic force field?

Or other force fields?

Thanks for your comments!     

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.