Author: jordan_c_fan

Is China Ready To Be The Leader Of The World?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-6-26 08:01:10 |Display all floors

<arched eyebrow>

Hm... an answer for a non existant user?  Strange...

Kiwi, do not kid yourself - N.Z. is more ready to be the next superpower, analyzing P.R. China by the "strength" of the "True Sons of China" here at the China Daily BBS.
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-26 08:15:52 |Display all floors

Reply #21 exportedkiwi's post

I didn't insult you. You think it is an insult just because I didn't curry favor with you. My apology can't serve as ointment to your easily broken nerves! If you feel any uncomfortable, please go to psychotherapist.

Have a good one.

[ Last edited by cnoabt at 2008-6-26 08:21 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-26 08:21:42 |Display all floors

<he who shall not be named>

Originally posted by cnoabt at 6/25/2008 07:15 PM
I didn't insult you. You think it is an insult just because I don't curry favor with you. My apology can't serve as ointment to your easily broken nerves! If you feel any uncomfortable, please go t ...

You must be really bored if you are really trying to pick a fight with exportkiwi? <snort>  What?  Everybody else has been run out and/or just stopped paying attention to you?
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-26 08:28:42 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tradervic at 2008-6-26 08:21

You must be really bored if you are really trying to pick a fight with exportkiwi? <snort>  What?  Everybody else has been run out and/or just stopped paying attention to you?

Stop your groundless accusation. Read the thread at its outset. It was not I who picked anything with him.

Well, if you guys think my words any inappropriate, you can report to mods.

I am not your servant and I demand you stop kicking around me like a slave.

[ Last edited by cnoabt at 2008-6-26 08:38 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-26 15:09:48 |Display all floors

Reply #24 cnoabt's post

Read what you wrote again cn, you implied I was prejudiced in some way(s) against China which truly is not the case. As for you thinking I want folks to "curry favour" with me....why, no point...I'm just a forumite, like you so why should I need to curry favour? Never mind, small things, no need to scrap over it. Maybe I interpreted what you said incorrectly.....no big deal!
Vic, anybody has the right to pick a fight with me I guess, but I retain the right to respond and when/if I do, it's in the way and at the time of my choosing.
Re being a SUPERPOWER, well maybe if it were possible and it was likely to happen (in an alternate dimension, not reality) then I'd hope we were benign and used our power to help and bring peace and justice (like in Zimbabwe or Myanmar) when needed. I think a dollar spent on helping is better than a dollar spent buying weapons. This having been said, NZ has increased it's defence budget, sadly not for the things I'd like to see but more for buying useless equipment we don't need and probably will never fully utilise and none of it suitable for combat situations.

[ Last edited by exportedkiwi at 2008-6-26 03:12 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-26 16:21:14 |Display all floors
How annoying, I have to agree with Satsu here as well: I don't see China as wanting to be a world leader, possibly not ever. The US didn't accept a world leadership role until after WWII, even though it had been one of the most powerful states in the world since the beginning.
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-26 16:39:39 |Display all floors
Originally posted by cnoabt at 2008-6-26 08:28

Stop your groundless accusation. Read the thread at its outset. It was not I who picked anything with him.

Well, if you guys think my words any inappropriate, you can report to mods.

I  ...

CN - don't bother that Slave Driver TV........ 'it's Amerikan culture since 1700's
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.