Author: chinadaily

New US president seen unlikely to confront China [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-6-25 23:16:54 |Display all floors

The "Israel factor"...

Originally posted by tradervic at 2008-6-25 11:44
But it seems that the original question has been ignored:  What does Isreal factor into McCain's or Obama's views on Chinese/US relations? ...

Yes, Noam Chomsky talked about it, I read the books and papers. Don't know about google.

Tong may be right, Israel is certainly capable of taking unilateral actions if Iran is perceived by Tel Aviv to pose a clear and present danger to the existence of Israel. For Israel it is an existential matter but for the neocons in USofA, it is the control of access to crude oil ( which also means the denial of access to crude oil to 'strategic competitors'  ). I recommend Iran tread lightly and exercise diplomacy, it has been on the vitriolic side.

Up until Feb 09, USofA is a 'paper tiger', not unless Carl Rove can perform more magic, perhaps using 'message force multipliers' on TV.

EU taking the lead from now until Obama/McCain can exert his influence in world politics? Possible but less probable.

In this much the Brits are right: the Mid East stretching to the Indon archipelago is a crescent of instability. I am sure China is aware of this, and I for one would advice Beijing not to get too involved. Troops to support UN, yes. Multilateral ( let alone unilateral ) force projections with the West, definitely no.

Israel should take a benign view of a relationship between Washington and Beijing. On the other hand neither candidates have elaborated on their views on USofA - China relationship. I reiterate ad nauseum that this is a signature relationship of this century for the Pacific-rim countries and beyond. Old Europe will continue to lose influence and CJK will become more assertive.

[ Last edited by cestmoi at 2008-6-25 11:23 PM ]
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-26 00:23:02 |Display all floors

AINT too proud to beg...

Originally posted by tongluren at 6/24/08 10:29 PM
How can you not be awed?  6 million (or about 2%) only in number, and yet control close to 100% of media, and close to 50% of medicine and the law.  Over 10% of Senators, and about 8% of Representa ...

extremely scary indeed...chill to my bones  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-26 04:09:20 |Display all floors

Ist der Kerl meschuggenveranlagt?

Originally posted by tradervic at 2008-6-25 11:44
... simply type in cestmoi's quote of: Israel has 10% of its airforce based in the south of Turkey in Google - and good old Noam pops up in the top five hits.
Sorry folks - but ...

It makes sense, doesn't it? Put yourself in the place of Tel Aviv.
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-26 08:17:32 |Display all floors

In all honestly...

Originally posted by cestmoi at 6/25/2008 03:09 PM
It makes sense, doesn't it? Put yourself in the place of Tel Aviv.

I have as much use for Israel that I have for Palestine, little to none.  Whole damn bunch reminds me of the inbred, insane hillbillies from the movie Deliverance.  And I for one, am not in the mood to "squeal like a pig" for anyone.

For just once, I would like to see someone from the U.S. address the U.N. and ask this simple question, "Why should the U.S. care why you silly little tw ats like to kill each other?"

The look on a few of the pompus windbags that serve as ambassdors alone would be the price of admission.
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-26 09:42:28 |Display all floors

Except For the Fact

Except for the fact that AIPAC runs America, and no presidential candidate, black white woman or man, dares to go against the Jewish will.  

You are not Jewish, your vote don't count.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-26 19:34:33 |Display all floors
we should never  wish that  awolf can consult peace with a shoop,unless the sheep is strong enough to frighten the wolf.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-26 22:44:58 |Display all floors
okay, in most confrontion, the outcome will be lost-lost for two sides, nobody will be so foolish to do that

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.