Author: chinadaily

New US president seen unlikely to confront China [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-6-24 10:11:24 |Display all floors

Reply #14 cestmoi's post

How many nuclear weapons can a nation with possibly US$120 bil GNP afford?

How many nuclear facilities does the Israelite have to "maintain such weapons"
I think the British spends some US$2 billion a year to maintain 200 nukes on readiness. (don't know what yields?)

Green Dragon

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-24 10:35:59 |Display all floors

Originally posted by greendragon at 2008-6-24 10:11
How many nuclear weapons can a nation with possibly US$120 bil GNP afford?
How many nuclear facilities does the Israelite have to "maintain such weapons"
I think the British spends  ...

You can be so endearing sometimes...  More to the point, where did they get the nuclear stockpile? It is not as if Israel has a lot of uranium enrichment plants, and they don't use enriched U235 either. I don't want to know, don't anyone tell me.

Anyway, Israel and China have a good relationship, one which is beneficial to both Tel Aviv and Beijing.
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-25 08:58:32 |Display all floors

Hm... from US/China relations to Isreal?

Originally posted by cestmoi at 6/23/2008 08:35 AM
Israel has 10% of its airforce based in the south of Turkey

i
n
f
o
r
m
a
t
i
o
n
c
l
e
a
r
i
n
g
h
o
u
s
e
i
n
f
o
/
a
r
t
i
c
l
e
h
t
m

Quote:

According to Noam Chomsky, before the current conflict some 10% of the Israeli Air Force was permanently based in Turkey. (personal communication, April 16, 2003)

So... o' Noam guesses, and it is taken as gospel?  <chuckle>  Got to love the Internet.

But I digress:  How does Isreal factor into Obama's or McCain's possible relations with Mr. Hu?
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-25 10:02:51 |Display all floors

The pointlessness of TV, seneca and ilks...

Originally posted by tradervic at 2008-6-25 08:58
According to Noam Chomsky, before the current  ...

Notice the similarities of TV' postings to seneca's, not that they are necessarily the same. Emuc has the same tendency eg. Howard / Hanson / Ruxton  etc are "silly daffers". But the victims cannot really ignore them, can they now?

That technique in English is know as "minimizing", in German "verharmlosen" eg. Hitler was a misguided, silly  daffer.

They seneca, TV etc come from the far left field with little to contribute.

Their objective is to discredit; to minimize; and to ridicule. See how you can make yourself look smart by not contributing but only sniping from the side, as if they know something deeper and more meaningful?

I want my Chinese readers to learn from that so that they too can discredit and ridicule whites.

Umm, apparently TV has managed to google something from Noam Chomsky. So he thinks he is now very smart.

But what exactly has he said or proven? He has proven he can use google.

What is the point he is making? He wants to look smart.

What has he contributed? You tell me.

And that, my Chinese friends, is a technique in debating.  A negative one, but nontheless a technique.

Yes mate, I am chuckling too...

[ Last edited by cestmoi at 2008-6-25 10:17 AM ]
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-25 10:41:28 |Display all floors

Dig Dig Dig

Bush has dug America into such a bottomless pit, whoever the next guy is, would spend the first eight years just trying to dig it back out.

The Israelis are counting on America bombing the Iranians before the end of the year 2008, which is expected to start the third multi-decade war for Americans.  

It matters not who the next liar will win the contest in Nov., the new guy (now that Clinton is out) will have to rely on China's good graces to help fix the freaking mess and bail America out.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-25 10:44:04 |Display all floors

Reply #19 tongluren's post

likely it would be the Israelite doing it.....

ha ha ha

USA has the Isrealite on a "tight leash", yup look at Israel military budget compared to their puny GNP of some US$150 bil.  (just googled that yesterday)

Green Dragon

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-25 11:02:27 |Display all floors

Our Jewish Friends are No Fools

The Israelites claim that they do not have strategic bombers, and thus they are not really capable of totally destroying the nuclear site.   The subtext is that they'd rather drag Big Brute into doing the dirty work.  

What's in it for Americans?  Well, another 30 years of war, and most likely the DRAFT.  It will also likely be the first time in human history that the miltiary budget for a nation exceeds a Trillion U.S. Dollars a year.  Amercans do like it big.  Just this week California announced that it MUST have US$7 billion to meet Constitutional requirements for their jails.  No doubt that will again add to the "enviable" GDP of America, with the "correctional industry" now a high growth bright spot for the nation's economy.  It was $50 Billion a year a couple years back (already a human record), and today it must be closer to $100 Billion a year.  

Here a $100 B, there a $100B, it soon adds up.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.