Author: rehmanzu

Why is Islam such an infamous Religion? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-4-12 23:30:13 |Display all floors

To Rehmanzu: Islam

Most people do not know much about Islam. It is not the religion that gives a negative conotation to Islam, but rather the radicals that use it for their political or personal gains.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-4-12 23:43:45 |Display all floors

To Rehmanzu Islam vs Christianity vs Judaism

FYI

Islam, Christianity, Judaism; all believe in the same god with varying interpretations.

All three are monotheistic religion characterized by the acceptance of the doctrine of submission to God.

They differ in that; Muslims accept Muhammad as the chief and last prophet of God; while Christianity accepts Jesus as the messiah, where as to Judaism they believe the messiah has not arrived.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-4-12 23:48:17 |Display all floors

to mcknight

I agree, but you must remember that it is not the religion, but its members' greed for political or personal gain that has resulted in bloodshed and destruction.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-4-12 23:57:54 |Display all floors

To: gtnbia - islam

Well said with a couple of modifications:

I can understand you blaming the hype on  U.S. media because it's the largest, but don't forget Al-jezirah, Le monde, La prensa, Pravda, etc.

Judaism, Christianity, and Islam believe in the same God and each has their respective directives to assure survival.

Faith/belief  in God is not religion. Religion is mans organized goal to propagate their beliefs, and therefore, subject to corruption.

There is no "Absolute truth", absolutely; haha.

Everything is absolutely relative, unless it is relatively absolute.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-4-12 23:58:21 |Display all floors

i agree with you

you are right.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.