Author: rehmanzu

Why is Islam such an infamous Religion? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-3-7 22:37:14 |Display all floors

To rehmanzu :

U said “How can we judge if their claim is truly correct? Can these claims be tested rationally? What proofs are available to support their claims?”.
Ill answer u my friend, it’s a long story, I hope I can make it clear for u, it started from Adam and Eve (which u as Chinese don’t believe with it) that was the first message sent from the sky (God) to the earth, and after that many messages were sent like Christianity and Judaism(all they ask to believe with one God “Allah”, Supreme and Eternal, Infinite and Mighty, Merciful and Compassionate, Creator and Provider)  to prepare the human to understand the last and final message which is the Islam.
Islam is not a new religion. It is, in essence, the message and guidance, which God (Allah) revealed to all prophets. Adam, Noah, Abraham, Ismael, Isaac, David, Moses, Jesus. But the message, which was revealed to prophet Mohammed, is Islam in its comprehensive, complete and final.
The Quran is the last word of Allah  and basic source of Islamic teachings and laws, and u can in it all the real stories of the previous religions.
U said “Or is it true that Islam does not present teachings which can stand today’s scientific age? How about other religions?”.
Islam is suitable in every place and time, but some misunderstanding of it, and some bad show in the media can show it as do u said.
I can tell more if u like, and I have some books in both Chinese and English if u likes to know more about this nice and natural  religion.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-4-3 13:56:41 |Display all floors

media perceptions

>But I really wanted to find out why do people associate Islam with all the >evil deeds? Is it the case that we do not know much about this religion?

I believe this is correct.  People are naturally suspicious about powerful forces, especially when they know little about them.

The extremist elemants of Islam tend to make the most noise in the media.  For this reason, people tend to associate Islam with its most radical and hateful elemants.  

How is the Islamic world portrayed in China?  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-4-10 22:08:30 |Display all floors

Islam and extremism

Rehmanzu,

One of the underlying factors in Islam is the Koran, or Quran.  This "holy book", or bible, leaves a lot of its passages open for interpretation.  One Cleric will say that it means this, while another Cleric will say it means something totally different.

When it comes to Islamic fundamentalism and extremism, it's usually the Cleric with the biggest mouth that wins the "Interpretation argument".  It was quite common with the Ayatollah Khomeini, and is common with the current Cleric who is causing so much grief for coalition forces in Iraq, today.

I guess you could almost equate it with driving in this country..."He who honks his horn loudest and longest has the right-of-way" <GRIN>

Chris

Use magic tools Report

gtnbia has been deleted
Post time 2004-4-11 19:11:14 |Display all floors

Islam

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-4-11 20:28:34 |Display all floors

Islam and religions

Gtnbia,  
I agree 100 per cent.  One thing is for sure.  No matter where you come from, I think everyone will agree that religions have been responsible for starting more wars than any other reason.

Chris

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-4-11 20:29:30 |Display all floors

Islam and religions

Gtnbia,  
I agree 100 per cent.  One thing is for sure.  No matter where you come from, I think everyone will agree that religions have been responsible for starting more wars than any other reason.

Chris

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-4-11 20:29:57 |Display all floors

Islam and religions

Gtnbia,  

Chris

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.