Author: baoer2

Sorry! CNN, We Can't Accept Your "Apology"! (I) [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-6-22 23:20:41 |Display all floors
Originally posted by baoer2 at 2008-6-22 23:03
Many guys here, I regret to say, fail to perceive the stakes involved.

Dear Baoer,

Welcome back! Don't take them seriously. They have malignant inoperable brain tumor which inherits from their grandpas of ex-colonists, former slave masters and nazi! Well, wait and see, they will die soon.

[ Last edited by cnoabt at 2008-6-22 11:22 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-22 23:21:40 |Display all floors

Reply #31 441424's post

So you mean we should just let it go at that?! Grin and bear this time, and probably more in future?!

You know, respect is earned, not with passive resignation, but through hard fights from the first ditch till the very last one.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-22 23:24:10 |Display all floors
Baoer, Don't try to waste your time to reason with a neo-Nazi. He is from the country of Hilter.

[ Last edited by cnoabt at 2008-6-22 11:25 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-23 03:41:14 |Display all floors

I've been following this thread since May 20th...

I've been following this thread since May 20 and amid all the replies and comments over the last month or so, I haven't seen anybody answer the question that first came to me when I read it:

Where did baoer2 get off saying "We cannot accept..." with emphasis on the "we" ?

I know than many posters here take unto themselves the 1st person plural. Is it just the "royal 'we'" or do they getsome kind of authorisation to be the spokesman for 1.3 billion people?

I only speak for myself. I'm really fearful that if I said something like  "Canadians reject Krispy Creme donuts", that one of my fellow Canucks would write back and say " Hey buddy, don't speak for me, eh?"

[ Last edited by ronglimeng at 2008-6-23 03:51 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-23 04:21:07 |Display all floors

Diversion.

#  35 Reply to Canuck,

The first person pleural " we " used here by baoer2 is valid . He is trying to rally and cajole his fellow Chinese to see his case and to do what he proposes . This " we " is neither " royal " nor " big noting " : he is just speaking to his comrades , not for them .

I note that instead of giving us the Canunk's ( singular ) point of view re Jack the Jerk of CNN fame , you are assigned here to split the semantics of the case .  Spare us the grammar class , tell us if we should send him a present for slapping us on the face .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-23 04:44:56 |Display all floors

It is great someone speaks up

CNN is known for bashing China for all kinds America's problems. I am surprised the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is not being bashed by CNN for oil problem. humm Interesting contrast.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-23 17:38:03 |Display all floors

Let's be charitable!

Originally posted by cnoabt at 2008-6-22 23:24
Baoer, Don't try to waste your time to reason with a neo-Nazi. He is from the country of Hilter.

I really appreciate your endorsement of my stand on this issue, though I'm not sure I fully agree with your slightly vitriolic language. I believe you would agree with me that we join this forum, post our views and comment on others, solely looking forward to a reasoned, enlightening exchange of opinions and insights, rather than emotional ventilation or personality attack, the latter of which exclusively belong among politicians and demagogues, but not between honest, serious interlocutors.

Let's keep those unsavory labels for political animals then, but be always charitable with our fellow citizens!

[ Last edited by baoer2 at 2008-6-23 05:39 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.