Author: work_boss

AMERICAN ENGLISH = WRONG ENGLISH [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-4-28 12:59:43 |Display all floors

make friends

,hi ,it's happy to meet yu here,if you love your life ,love english,and you are an english speaking people,contact with me.
applexixi1@yahoo.com.cn

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-28 13:01:36 |Display all floors

make friends

,hi ,it's happy to meet yu here,if you love your life ,love english,and you are an english speaking people,contact with me.
applexixi1@yahoo.com.cn

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-1 17:35:32 |Display all floors

Australian - you must be joking, surely

I remember getting a file for Word with the spell-checker set to Australian, once.  It seemed to just accept anything, British English or American English.
I do so resent the "wanna"s and the "color"s & such, not to mention the "txt-speak" ("u" "r" "lol" ...) and sometimes campaign against them, but if most Chinese aspire to speak English unnoticed in the USA, then that is what they should learn, practice & speak.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-2 00:31:12 |Display all floors
Watcha talking about.

U telling me that I have been schooled the wrong Engrish. Dang all these yrs of hard work go down the yellow river.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-2 01:35:37 |Display all floors

keep your opinion 2 yourself at this time, plz...

Originally posted by work_boss at 4/27/08 07:21 AM
Hello my friends in China
It make me sad to see 'Yankee English' as we English speaking countries call 'American English'
I have taught (I teach) many young Chinese people (not kids) proper Engli ...

you might know a thing or 2 but it doesnt mean you're qualified for your sayin at this time...you've got it, mate  

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.