Author: rainbow

Any Bilingual Speakers Who Speak for China here? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-4-25 08:28:07 |Display all floors
ZG,

You presume they would be offended. They wear those as badges of pride.
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-25 08:29:02 |Display all floors
Dear Mengzi,

Thank you for your response. I'm a Johnny-come-lately. I am quite confused by several IDs here. I don't read a lot posts of you guys except for Wchao. It is hard for me to judge who I should believe by my own self.

For example, a few guys who I knew a little said Chairman is bad but another guy told me he is quite good. I am lost. ---Note Well: DON'T TALK ABOUT CHINAMAN ANY MORE HERE.

I ask for this because I feel ashamed of admitting several Chinese or ethnic Chinese are attacking China in English Study publicly and I have been fighting against them alone. Almost all Chinese there keep silent. I'm quite ashamed of this--they are my compatriots but wouldn't like to say a kind word for China.  I am capable of beating any of them but I wouldn't like to fight alone. I just have10 fingers to type my keyboard.

If any of you would like to give me a hand, I'd appreciate.

English study is far cleaner than this volatile column. I don't want to turn it into a battleground but beat them back.

And I would not like to own anything to your guys here. I decide to support the specific viewpoints rather than a specific ID... I don't promise I will support you in turn in the future.

About Me:

- A mainlander
- Love China, Chinese people
- Beijing supporter
- Strongly against any spli--ttists
- Strongly support Beijing Games but I am not a sports freak
- I think most Western people are good and many of them are misguided by some Western media outlets
- I am not a Han chauvinist and  not Chinese chauvinist ( I am not against Japanese people but hate their shrine worship by their poli-tical leaders)
- I am not a pol-iti-cal freak. ( I think I will PROBABLY withdraw from this column after the end of Beijing Games. Not sure.  I want to cheer for the Games now)

I will support you on the base of the points above.

If you think it is okay for you, please give me a hand. If not, it is okay for me. Again, I don't want  to owe anything to anyone.

Thank you all.

[ Last edited by rainbow at 2008-4-25 08:38 AM ]
Talk in English rather than talking about English.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-25 08:37:27 |Display all floors
Originally posted by interesting at 2008-4-25 08:30
Stop meddling in Japan's internal affairs.

Interesting, I swear by the names of my parents that I don't mean to insult you. I look down upon on you from the bottom of my heart. You have not a little knowledge of China at all. You said Chinese became real Chinese from 1911. Laughable! Your English level is even poorer than mine. You said you are not sure Negro is negative word. Go away. I am tired of you now.

I will respect my opponents if they are worth of my respect. You are even beneath my contempt.

[ Last edited by rainbow at 2008-4-25 08:42 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-25 08:40:27 |Display all floors

Blessing in disguise .

rainbow,

So you just want someone to support you in the   " English Study " thread because you feel certain  Chinese are not compassionate towards China enough ?  First let me say that not all Chinese need to be pro-Chinese . Lots of families suffered hugely under one regime or another , lost their fortunes and family members and so are (  naturally ) bitter to the end . We must take the good with the bad .

Learning English is an entirely different aim .  You learn faster and sharper if you are made to reply and retort  with some passion . It may be a blessing in disguise .  You are welcomed to pm me if you wish .

[ Last edited by mengzhi at 2008-4-25 03:40 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-25 08:45:21 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mengzhi at 2008-4-25 08:40
rainbow,

So you just want someone to support you in the  " translation tips " & " English Study " threads because you feel certain  Chinese are not compassionate towards ...

Now I hit them back all. I win temporarily. They daren't answer me at all. But really too tired to fight them all day long. I don't want a few disguishing guys to misguide pure and simple young Chinese learners of English there.

Thank you! I am okay now.

Again, I don't wish there becomes a second battleground.

[ Last edited by rainbow at 2008-4-25 08:46 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-25 08:47:10 |Display all floors
Oh, Rainbow, you are so quick to insult, aren't you. I never minced on "Negro" and I'd love to see what you refer to with the 1911 remark.
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-25 08:54:11 |Display all floors
Sorry, I want to cancel my request of post #1. I don't want to find any guys now.  Thanks for your attention.

Because I don't want there becomes a second battlefield. One here is enough.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.