Author: silenty

Designing your dream home [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-4-27 01:07:55 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-27 22:25:38 |Display all floors
Years ago, I would occasionally see an architectual add in the local newspaper, with a small blueprint of an offered home. Every week the add would display a different home design. One week really caught my eye and I saved the clipping.

It is a small home, but very personable and warm. The main part of the home is an octagonal family area with a recessed floor. It has a small fireplace and the kitchen is to its rear (openly visible to the family room.). There is a small hallway with two bedrooms, one bathroom in the hall and one in the main bedroom.

Construction costs of such a design were very inexpensive, in comparison to other American homes (US $60.000). If I had some property in the country, I would seriously consider building such a home.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-28 18:37:43 |Display all floors
dream!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-28 18:56:11 |Display all floors
Originally posted by cbcronin at 2008-4-27 22:25
Years ago, I would occasionally see an architectual add in the local newspaper, with a small blueprint of an offered home. Every week the add would display a different home design. One week really  ...

yes, in fact, my dream home is a space.. i hate conventional homes, I hate dining room tables and chairs, I dont use them, I hate TV stands, and I hate dressers, and I hate desks, and I especially hate walls

alI I want is space, empty, empty space... with the required wall and ceiling materials in the kitchen and the plumbing whereever I want it.

I like DIY... the whole home.. I even hate Ikea.. i prefer a more common sense approach to homes... basically, my own style, custom made, by mine own hands, the contoured tables hand cut and laminated and mounted, I prefer to make my own custom furniture as well, cut the wood by hand, select the material, procure the padding, use screws or nails to build the frame custom fit to my exact needs and style, add the woodpanel over the frame, add the foam padding over the panelling and frame edges then fold and manipulate the fabric until you have teh right look, then stapple everything down, and trim off the extra fabric. the sofa could look like mountain rocks, with hand painted fabrics, and different levels of seating around the walls to simulate mountain rocks

I like to make my own custom waterfalls from rocks and wood and moss and plants I find out in the mountain as well, filled with fish I catch in local streams, i like a river running through the center of my house, built by myself using concrete and a water pump and stones I find outside, hand make a little wooden bridge over the stream..

and even make my own wood flooring in a sort of rustic japanesee dock-style, filled with custom built planters for plants I find in the wild.

if Zanti-global doesnt have starving people paid 1 dollar a week he wont have a furnished house.
more of your anti-commmunist/ pro-CD propoganda eh jokah? typical capitalist lies, that commmunists are poor or wanting or suffering.. mere corporate propaganda his head is filled with..

but dont forget he just LOVES China..... (daily)

he thinks CD is China.. dont burst his bubble...or if you do, please be sure his blankie is nearby

[ Last edited by justbabygirl at 2008-4-28 07:06 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-28 19:01:12 |Display all floors
Originally posted by justbabygirl at 2008-4-28 18:56

yes, in fact, my dream home is a space.. i hate conventional homes, I hate dining room tables and chairs, I dont use them, I hate TV stands, and I hate dressers, and I hate desks, and I especia ...

I've got one like that - haven't sent the builders in yet.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-28 19:06:56 |Display all floors
Originally posted by fatdragon at 2008-4-28 19:01

I've got one like that - haven't sent the builders in yet.

you have what? an empty house??

i dont think you do...

is it office space?

surely its filled with walls.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-28 19:09:03 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.