Hope they would not lie to the world on China again
iT'S a victory of the Chinese
The Sun rises every day from the East !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-25 13:52:42 |Display all floors
Originally posted by wanzheli at 2008-4-25 11:31
Hope they would not lie to the world on China again

It is pointless hoping that!

Lying has become institutionalied and ingrained. It will be too difficult for them to change.

The only reason they are making this token apology is because they can see the numerous ordinary Chinese man and woman rising in defense of their Motherland. This could lose their country a lot of business.
You will reap what you sow!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-25 14:21:32 |Display all floors
Originally posted by gotohell at 2008-4-25 13:52

It is pointless hoping that!

Lying has become institutionalied and ingrained. It will be too difficult for them to change.

The only reason they are making this token apology is because th ...

I have already known that, it's just my sincere and naive wish, that's all
The wolf still kills lamb even it has a sheep's skin, the BBCs will continue to make lies.
BTW,somebody knows much about the Christian belief? Is the small island still in Christian belief? Do the liars fear the coming of their judgement day ?
The Sun rises every day from the East !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-25 15:58:28 |Display all floors

Muzzle the attack dog .

The Chinese response to all these in-your-face provocations and unfriendly acts by the western media has had a huge impact . They are now made to realize that there are protesting voices and angry people whose reputation is being tarnished without reasons .  The fact that we are engaging them in their languages of communications is the new weapon , and on a grand scale via internet . The attack dog is now aware that there is a dog catcher from China and he is intolerant of this incessant bark and bay at his expense . Good work compatriots but the arm wrestling has a long way to go .  Maintain the rage .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-25 16:06:15 |Display all floors

mengzhi

Originally posted by mengzhi at 2008-4-25 15:58
Maintain the  rage

Yes, but it must be civil in words, tone and deeds. (despite what might come at you)
The last thing this positive and healthy movement needs, is to be labeled as the angry mob.
The high road is the best road and the ultimate road to victory and understanding.

Cheers,
Andrew
Good Gweilo: My job is the ideological quality control

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-25 22:21:48 |Display all floors
Smart?  Good sir, that is a grossly inaccurate description.  It does not take an incarnate of Einstein to whine about such matters.  Truly, such a person hardly deserves credit, this 'giant panda' is obviously a person who has nothing better to do than surf the net all day, searching for some opportunity to justify the cause of China.  It is a sad day when a person scours the internet just to find fault, obviously one who is void of any respect in life and only seeks to justify his own means by putting down such matters just to appear, I don't know, superior?  A mask to hide the shrivelled brain which may most possibly be, non-existent.  Complaining isn't proof of intellect.

From your posts, I take it that the level of nationalism in China must have already caused quite a spill, no?  Honestly, how could such a case be a victory for China?  BBC is only a small faction are you insinuating that if in war, a territory is defeated, the war is won?  If that's the case, I shall pray for your army as a general with skewered eyes shall bring troops nowhere.  

So what if BBC has apologised?  Do you think America would start waxing China's shoes?  Making a mountain out of a molehill over such a simple issue is ridiculous.  Worse, praising a fool who knows not the meaning of satisfaction proves your insecurity about China's present state.  If it's over, why bother harping about it, why make a fuss?  Most probably because you're insecure about China's position in the world and need to cling onto such trivial matters as a source of hope.
And I’m sure you have considered the apology to be completely insincere and is only to satisfy a pampered brat who may call the ‘racism’ card at any time?  It’s not even worth BBC any point in arguing over the racism issue just because of some child, apologising being the simplest course to dismiss the issue.  For all you know, BBC is treating this as the joke of the year.  If this is true, I’m sure many wouldn’t be surprised.  This undermines your superficial victory further.  I express my condolences.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-25 22:24:34 |Display all floors
Hello everyone,

I am a student who is also studying in the same high school that Ma Huaqing studies in, which is HwaChong Institution. I would like to point out a couple of flaws in the original post, namely your sources. Your only sources are from Ma Huaqing himself, and that one article by Lin Mingjun. How can you be sure that you are justified? Seeing that both sources are Chinese, there is bound to be bias against the BBC "infidels", as you call them. Judging from responses that I have seen below, it is pretty obvious that the anti-BBC sentiment is very strong in China, which I believe stems from strong patriotism and perhaps a little propaganda from your government. No doubt that it is right and justifiable to stand for the country that you live in, but, however, shouldn't you attempt to look at the problem from more than just one, narrow angle? Seeing that the BBC is based in London, you can probably see that they are only trying to show the world how things are in Tibet. True, I have read many TIMEs magazine and Newsweek articles that are only from the Tibetan and Dalai Lama in the YaZhouZhouKan. Since I have not been in Tibet personally, I cannot tell any of you what the situation is like in there, however, I heard that the Chinese government is preventing any other journalists from entering the conflict zone, which could probably mean that they are trying to cover something up? Or perhaps to simply try to reduce the amount of press going out to the world?

Coming to your source Ma Huaqing, I know his personally. He was an ex-classmate of mine last year, who got transferred to a, say, lower class in the same level, due to him not meeting minimum requirements. Although I am not trying to insult Huaqing or anything, I must point out to you that his character, is not as pure and good as you see him. I've had quite a few clashes with him, of which the most serious one was last year, where I caught him copying my ACE project work, which translates to bonus final examination marks, and the ACE projects of a number of other people. This led to a very strong anti-Huaqing sentiment in the entire level, which some people can say is similar to your Tibet problem. However, Huaqing here, is the real culprit, and we are the ones who tried to bring him to justice. But enough about him. Seeing that many comments carry anti-BBC sentiments as mentioned above, perhaps some of you are too blinded by such sentiments? Perhaps by opening your hearts to other points of view could help enrich you further on this topic, and thus allowing you to reach more suitable conclusions and not simply comments that come from patriotism and small numbers of sources.

Continued next post...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.