Author: rainbow

BBC Apologized to China for Infidelity [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-4-24 17:27:48 |Display all floors
Originally posted by rainbow at 2008-4-24 17:16

What do you mean? I have been staying in the English Study . I don't like po-liti-cs at all. And I didn't like this volatile column!

Now I am really getting angry. Whenever I browse any West ...

it took you only a few months to know/learn the West "style"..........a bit twisted....but worth the effort for now you have found the TRUTH"!!!

did one say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-24 17:28:45 |Display all floors

rainbow

I for one, really appreciate you stepping out from English Study and speaking your mind here in Newstalk.
We need more Chinese people like you with the English skills to stand up and be counted.

In fact, I encourage you to bring some of your friends from English Study over here with you.
The more, the merrier!

And besides this is an excellent way to improve your English skills by conversing with native English speakers who are generally to be found over here.
Two birds with one stone, if you will...

Cheers,
Andrew Noseworthy
Good Gweilo: My job is the ideological quality control

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-24 17:36:29 |Display all floors
Originally posted by caringhk at 2008-4-24 17:27

it took you only a few months to know/learn the West "style"..........a bit twisted....but worth the effort for now you have found the TRUTH"!!!

did one say a little knowled ...

Caringhk, it is alway nice to see you! :)

Yeah! I was so ignorant of China and the world before.

Now they are presenting their ugliest side to all Chinese people.
I have tired of their biases, lies, distortion.

And many Chinese are waking up!!!

I never loved China so much before than now.
I never felt proud for the achievements of China than now.

Great China!
Talk in English rather than talking about English.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-24 18:00:46 |Display all floors

Reply #16 wowzers's post

Andrew, thank you. I knew that.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-24 18:05:44 |Display all floors

Please Say " Thank You" To Panda!

I hope you guys who browse this thread don't forget to say a good word for Singapore Panda. I offered the link to him.

He'll be happy and proud of learning this. Really, he has invested his GREAT efforts to win the so-called " apology", as an individual, as a 16-year-old boy!  How difficult for him! How smart he is!

Great, Singapore Panda---Ma Huaqing!  Thank you so much!

Let every man praise the bridge he goes over!

[ Last edited by rainbow at 2008-4-24 06:16 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-24 21:20:50 |Display all floors
Good on Ma Huaqing for his persistence and work, and good on the BBC for apologising.

'They hate us because China IS the future and the future is now.'

Who are 'they'? And what is your evidence for 'them' hating China? Hate is a very strong word but I have to say that I pick up on no hatred for China here.

What country in the world wouldn't like to be advancing at the pace China is or wouldn't like to be churning out the graduates that China does? It would be extremely difficult for one thing as the population of China dwarfs every other but of course, there is some truth in what you say as China is a threat (In the sense of economic competition) to the established order ans we haven't had a change in the established order since the US overtook the British a century or so ago.

Any distrust of China is related to its Communist past, as Communist regimes in the latter half of last century didn't have the greatest reputation for respecting things which Westerners hold dear. That narrative which Western media still follow is stale. But there is no 'hate' for China. There is some trepidation for what the future under a powerful China might bring, but that is understandable when the cultural, political and economical landscape is about to move under your feet.

Claiming that 'They hate us' isn't going to ease any trepidation, it will merely fuel it and East and West will end up hating each other when actually, we'd really rather not thanks.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-24 21:38:10 |Display all floors
The Mayor of London, Ken Livingstone, is on BBC radio right now sticking up for China, saying the people are happy enough (Even if political activists might not be), are looking forward to the Olympics and pointing out that China is making massive upheavals. With so many moving fom the countryside to the towns and cities for work, he says the Chinese government won't rush anything democracy-wise, just as Britian didn't when it went through similar upheavals

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.