Author: bigrose007

道歉,为什么只要他们道歉  Close [Copy link] 中文

Medal of honor

Post time 2008-4-20 22:00:21 |Display all floors

我比较同意翻译经验(作者:张放)里面的翻译和理解

“所以,我想,我们与中国的关系真的是改变了。我想,他们基本上还是那群过去50年间一直没有什么改变的goons和thugs。”

最近,CNN主播(卡弗帝)Cafferty在一挡名为“The Situation Room”节目里,使用了几个非常不被中国人熟悉的英语单词,来描述他心中的中国政府形象,这引起了外交部的严重抗议。

如果 Cafferty 措词更严谨一点会更好。当然,也不排除他有歧视中国人心理的可能性——把国家与人民混成一谈的人实在太多了。

-

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-20 22:05:33 |Display all floors
Originally posted by jl2315 at 2008-4-20 22:00

如果 Cafferty 措词更严谨一点会更好。当然,也不排除他有歧视中国人心理的可能性——把国家与人民混成一谈的人实在太多了。

-

Come on, Jl. I don't really know you have another new screen name which is Jack Cafferty mouthpiece.

He said all products made -in-China are junk. Who made those products, huh? Chinese people!
Talk in English rather than talking about English.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-20 22:13:50 |Display all floors

Reply #17 jl2315's post

Originally posted by augustusq at 2008-4-13 19:25
There is no Fr---e---edom of Speech for Chinese in some Western Media.

I love English language very much as I love my mother tongue. So I can read news paper written in English. Some media say their reporting is impartial. Some say their world is full of fr---ee---dom of speech. But quite recently I really dought if they are telling some fable stories.
I read www.----telegraph.====co.====uk. and International Herald Tribune.====com. Their comments for some news about China are full of predjudice. Some i think i should post my own opion in turn. But to my great surprise, i find my posts are never posted there.
Why? I think simply because i speak something true and good for our country.

They say China is lacking in fre---edo----m of speech. But  I am quite sure here in ChinaDaily there are more freedom than in that western medium.

Now I see, the western media are playing a game--"I Cheat My People". Funny enough?

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2008-4-20 22:15:09 |Display all floors

This is what Cafferty said:

从《翻译经验》抄的:
"We're in hock to the Chinese up to our eyeballs because of the war in Iraq, for one thing. They're holding hundreds of billions of dollars worth of our paper. We are also running hundreds of billions of dollars' worth of trade deficits with them, as we continue to import their junk with the lead paint on them and the poisoned pet food and export, you know, jobs to places where you can pay workers a dollar a month to turn out the stuff that we're buying from Wal-Mart."

这些钱有你的份吗?

-

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-20 22:16:57 |Display all floors
Originally posted by solvay at 2008-4-19 18:59
ps: I ever affixed it on a famous US furom  itsallpolitics.(dot)com but to my surprise it was deleted in several seconds.  This is the fre---edo--m of speech they advocate. I cannot see the justice they air.  

Is that your model?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-20 22:27:01 |Display all floors
Originally posted by jl2315 at 2008-4-20 22:15
从《翻译经验》抄的:
这些钱有你的份吗?

-

My famliy members are involved into international business. China has become a world factory. Numerous Chinese work for these export-oriented factories. Cafferty has insulted all these Chinese workers too!

Since you have moved to the States, you don't worry about the money. You don't feel any necessary to speak for Chinese any more. You have turned a deaf ear to the still small voice in your heart. Amen!

[ Last edited by rainbow at 2008-4-20 10:35 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-20 22:41:53 |Display all floors
Again, Cafferty has lost JOURNALISM due as a  newsman . He swore like a trooper in the TV programme damaging the image of Chinese people, detroying the reputation of Chinese products at will.

Shame!

Even if you hire a Philadelphia laywer, you still fail to defend for him.

I once regarded you as best guy in this BBS with great respect. Now I'm very disappointed at you! I feel shocked at what you said.

[ Last edited by rainbow at 2008-4-20 10:53 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.