Author: i2vision

I thought Westerners like competition [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-4-15 16:36:23 |Display all floors
Originally posted by interesting at 2008-4-15 16:20

In fact, most Americans of Chinese descent find it offensive to be called "yellow". Why? Because use of these terms reduces them to the status of dogs or horses, described by their physical characteristics rather than their personal or cultural identities..

Oops, again, you has proved that ethic Chinese are discriminated in U.S. so those folks feel ashamed of their colors.  Why do not Caucasian feel bad to call themselves " white"

Why do NOT Caucasians feel bad to call themselves " white"

[ Last edited by rainbow at 2008-4-15 04:42 PM ]
Talk in English rather than talking about English.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-15 16:41:02 |Display all floors
Originally posted by i2vision at 2008-4-15 16:35
Since I am the one who used the term "Red", by no mean I wanted to insult you or any american natives.

Please understand I am trying to drive a point.  I wanted to show how the powerf ...

i2vision, let's extend our deep sympathy to this WHITE pony who feels ashamed of his skin color and race.

Ahem, even if we use other words to address him, he still can not deny his skin color. Unless he follows Michael Jackson's footstep and undergoes plastic surgery. Anyway, Jackson is still a black guy, and not a single American would believe he is WHITE.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-15 16:47:24 |Display all floors
Interesting,

Let me ask you some questions. Do you find any American Natives having CEO positions in fortune 500 companies? Does America practise equal right job opportunity to American natives? Do you see alots of America natives sleeping on the road side in the mid-west USA?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-15 16:56:30 |Display all floors
13 September 2007 – The General Assembly today adopted a landmark declaration outlining the rights of the world’s estimated 370 million indigenous people and outlawing discrimination against them – a move that followed more than two decades of debate.

The United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples has been approved after 143 Member States voted in favour, 11 abstained and four –  the United States – voted against the text.

Intestesting, you should protest to your WHITE government.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-15 16:56:48 |Display all floors
Why do not Caucasian feel bad to call themselves " white" :v ...

Well, in Asia, Caucasian dont feel bad when they are being refer as white beacuse it has something to do with local culture and language barrier.

English people were the first to colonize asia. Due to language barrier, the local people call them "white" . Later on, White in cantonese means something else. later on white refer as  ghost  and since white has some connotation as ghost so the local peoplle called them " qwei lou " and they are very happy  because they were very superiior at time and they are happy to be associated as :white" but they did not know about the local term mean.

I rest my case.

[ Last edited by i2vision at 2008-4-15 05:23 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-15 17:08:58 |Display all floors

Wright =Obama's pastor

Wright: No. Unless Barak pulls off nationally what he was able to pull off locally, and wins the hearts and minds of people who have been perennially anti-black. Racism is so deeply engrained in this coun be flawless in terms of his policies. But he's still a black man in this country, which has a sorry history in terms of how it sees African-American males. That’s my 65-year-old, jaded perception of where this country is. I was pleasantly surprised in the Senate election. I would like to be as pleasantly surprised in the presidential election.

So folks, let's learn why this " WHITE" pony feels be offended to be call " red"! Let's learn why some overseas Chinese feel bad to have yellow skin.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-15 17:44:30 |Display all floors
I2,

Your apology is accepted. The major issue with the narrative of American expansion is that it's actually really complicated. My tribes were actually uprooted and sent to Oklahoma (where a large segment of the population claims ancestry); this was done by President Jackson in defiance of the Supreme Court (it would take nearly another 100 years before the Supreme Court had built the authority to enforce its decisions without the cooperation of the other branches).  While it is common, at least among the historically literate, for Cherokee and Osage to disagree with their Southern neighbors on the topic of whether Jackson was a good president but the entire painful history business has been long in the past due to shared experiences of the 20th century.
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.