Author: i2vision

I thought Westerners like competition [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-4-15 16:01:47 |Display all floors
Originally posted by interesting at 2008-4-15 15:23
As a Native American, I am offended to be called "Red" anything. Would you like me to start calling Chinese yellow?

You feel you are offended to be called " red" because you are not confident of your own race. This exactly illustrates the race discrimination is so engrain in American society as Obama's pastor Rev. Wright exposed.
Talk in English rather than talking about English.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-15 16:06:57 |Display all floors
Originally posted by rainbow at 2008-4-15 16:01

You feel you are offended to be called " red" because you are not confident of your own race. This exactly illustrates the race discrimination is so engrain in American society as Oba ...

oh yeah............. you hit the point

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-15 16:08:52 |Display all floors
got it ,China is everlasting

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-15 16:20:17 |Display all floors
Rainbow,

No; the reason is considered offensive is because use of color terms is a pejorative way of referring to people in the West. It has nothing to do with confidence and, in fact, most Native Americans would deeply resent having their identities reduced to skin color (especially the tribes I come from, which did not even have a real concept of racial identity until Europeans brought the idea). It's very clear that neither of you know or understand the history but insist on continuing offense.

In fact, most Americans of Chinese descent find it offensive to be called "yellow". Why? Because use of these terms reduces them to the status of dogs or horses, described by their physical characteristics rather than their personal or cultural identities.

[ Last edited by interesting at 2008-4-15 02:14 PM ]
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-15 16:31:04 |Display all floors
Why did the BLACK Michael Jackson want to bleach his skin color ?  That is race inferiority complex.

No matter how many plastic surgeries did he take, he is still a BLACK American.

If we are not proud of our skin color, if we are not self-respecting, no one will respect us.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-15 16:33:19 |Display all floors
Interesting, no more hogwash...

You can not call us Chinese yellow because we are brave. But please feel free to call me Chinese with yellow skin.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-15 16:35:44 |Display all floors
Since I am the one who used the term "Red", by no mean I wanted to insult you or any american natives.

Please understand I am trying to drive a point.  I wanted to show how the powerful western countries tried very hard to interfer china's politics even to the extend of Olympic. If you look at the America History, you can see what they do. If you look at the present world, Iraq is the another example.

If in anyway I offended you, I am sorry that in the context i used the word from the history book.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.