Views: 3266|Replies: 3

Colourful Domain Meeting Report, Mar.23,2008, by Harold [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-3-25 19:28:12 |Display all floors

[ Last edited by joycezou at 2008-3-26 03:05 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-25 19:34:46 |Display all floors
During Impromptu Speech, Sue put forwards three topics which were answered by Neil, Helen and Matt respectively.
Neil told us that he had two dreams while answering what kind of skills he admires. Car designer is his first dream and archaeologist is another. He expressed that it is very interesting and mysterious to discover the ancient treasures. He feels curious that the holes of ancient coins are round in Yuan Dynasty but they are rectangular in Tang Dynasty. However, I am afraid it is hard to realize the dreams as I remember Neil works for Customs.

Next, a beautiful lady, Helen told us who is her impressive teacher and the behind story. The handsome university teacher who taught her western customs and other things is the most impressive teacher. The teacher had a romantic story with his students. Who was that student, I wonder? Before she finished her speech, Helen stressed that it is the teacher’s handsome impressed her. Is there anyone more handsome than that teacher in CD club?

After that, Sue asked Matt to comment on the play of children. I think Sue didn’t choose right person to answer the question as I think Matt is single man and have no experience about that. However, Matt recalled that he lived with his brother in law when he was a boy. He disagrees the method of parents educate the children currently. Children have to study music, art or language according to the adult words and have no time to play. He thinks that the parents are too seriously and too formal which block children’s creative power formation.

When it comes to Speech preparation, Audrey, a talented and lovely girl presented us South Korea which is the No.1 country owned Wi-Fi technology in the world. I finally understand it after Audrey sent me her summary of speech, which is an important force in the Internet transmission fields. And it is used in the game appliance. South Korea attracts Audrey by another fantastic technology, Robert design. Even a child of 12 was able to design a lovely robot. In a word, South Korea is a country which owns advanced electronic technology in the world.

In the end, every table members began their group discussion about Mottos and Motivation. A debate about motivation happened between Neil and Joyce, though I didn’t hear clearly. Neil said something about Tibet which I understand that he tried to explain motivation is depends on mentality.

Next time, the activity will be move to a new place. I  look forward to seeing all of you again next time.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-25 22:32:22 |Display all floors

to Joyce

The moderators have, since some time ago, got careful control about threads and replies. So it takes usually some hours, or overnight, for them to check your posts to ensure they are good for eyes and hearts.

So next time, Joyce, you can input the minutes, then go to bed and it will be there when you wake up.

Hudson

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-29 21:19:29 |Display all floors

The first part of the report

Today, all members attended the activity were astonished to find both chairmen, Alhaji and Joyce made an introduction together at the beginning of the activity. While I was wondering what was going on, the lady and the gentleman explained that today was Easter, a special day, a Christian feast commemorating the Resurrection of Jesus. And also, our eldest sister, a graceful lady, Sue was introduced to be today’s host.

As usual, several new comers introduced themselves. Wufei, single man, an IT engineer comes from Jiangxi province likes table-tennis which I like too.  Rainy, a lady is from Inner Mongolia, also work for software industry.  Jessica, an energetic lady works for a hardware company. Michael Zhang, an experienced surgery doctor, works for a famous local hospital. Michael graduated in 1987 and has ever further studied in USA. He expressed that he is very glad to attend CD club as he has ever attended Bamboo Garden 20 years ago, which gave him the chance to improve English. Badminton and swimming are his hobbies.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.