Author: meiguodiyi

Why are Europeans so smart? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-7-12 21:17:28 |Display all floors
Originally posted by justbabygirl at 2008-7-12 22:57
its not chinas great sporting competition, its some stupid western creation, but china, sporting as they are, have made it an international activity, without even pointing out the stupidity of it...

Oh, is that why China was DESPERATE to host the Olympics for the last decade or more ?

Originally posted by justbabygirl at 2008-7-12 22:57
you are australian, or newzealad, what did you invent?  

Australian actually.

What have Australians invented ?
Well the Black Box flight recorder used on aeroplanes is one item you may have heard of.
There's a new vaccine for HPV which was developed here.
I understand a popular potato peeler was invented in Australia.
There's other stuff I can't remember, and stuff I wouldn't have heard of either.

My sister invented a device for use in the home. It took her a while to refine it, but she sold around $750,000 worth of them last year, and guess what, part of it is made in China !!

I've not invented anything major myself, but I have developed unique software concepts and TV production processes and software.

There are people all over the world who have invented and developed lots of things. Some have come from Europe, some from China & other parts of Asia, some from Africa and the Americas and all over the place.
Some of these ideas were invented in one part of the world (like gunpowder and simple rockets) and improved dramatically elsewhere - like Alfred Nobel developing dynamite and Werner Von Braun improving rocketry. It's worked in different directions, like the Dutch company inventing the compact disc, but the Japanese making the most popular and reliable CD players.

JBG, you appear to be a fully paid up member of the Chinauvinist club, but you really should get down off your high horse and take a look around the real world.
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-12 21:27:20 |Display all floors
Originally posted by emucentral at 2008-7-12 21:17

Australian actually.

What have Australians invented ?
Well the Black Box flight recorder used on ae ...

so whats it going to be? first you were the guy that loudly boasted EVERYTHING comes from Western countries, now you're the guy who is meagerly whispering out the names of 55 different countries and their individual contributions?

choose one, bonehead, and delete the other post, you may forget what you're writing but other people wont have the same concept of time and importance as you do when they come into the thread tomorrow and read both of your posts consecutively...

that cool fade effect you have invented all by yourself which fades out previous posts really only works in your brain, and wont make others forget what they've read with a time-scale darkening effect... it wont make you money either

Originally posted by emucentral at 2008-7-12 21:17

Oh, is that why China was DESPERATE to host the Olympics for the last decade or more ?

they just want to participate in your little game, because they are sociable people, not because your "Olympic games invention" was the coolest thing before Playstation

the west was DESPERATE to have China participate in the games... they are rethinking that after the loss of 30-some-odd gold medals last olympic games, and they probably wont ever invite China to the olympics again after they take home MOST of the Gold medals this time around

[ Last edited by justbabygirl at 2008-7-12 09:40 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-13 04:31:23 |Display all floors
Originally posted by emucentral at 2008-7-12 17:36

I wonder what China would be like today, were it not for Western developments, both technological and intellectual.

Before the uncivilized western barbarians attacked China, it was the richest country in the world.

All its citizens were contented and happy!

But the greedy western scum and dross came with bloodshot greedy eyes and forced opium down our throats.

If the tree swinging neaderthals had left us alone, we would be about 500 years more advanced, the world would not be on the brink of destruction from global warming and all men around the earth would have benefited.

We had higher philosophy and thoughts that were so far advanced of anything the west had or now has!

Has the west left mankind with anything but a scorched earth with its inhabitants starving?

The facts speak for themselves.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-13 04:39:36 |Display all floors
Every single thing that the western neaderthals touched has been blighted.

Country after country that they put their filthy paws on has suffered and its people decimated!

They have left nothing but a raped earth where they have looted and extracted everything that they could get their filthy paws on!

Even the countries that they have stolen from the natives and made their home (Australia, Canada, US, ...) are becoming sick and diseased due to their inhabitants turning in on themselves.

They have not only destroyed their fellow man but has brought about the extinction of many species of plants and animals.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-13 17:51:17 |Display all floors
Originally posted by justbabygirl at 2008-7-12 23:27
so whats it going to be? first you were the guy that loudly boasted EVERYTHING comes from Western countries, now you're the guy who is meagerly whispering out the names of 55 different countries and their individual contributions?...

I have never claimed that EVERYTHING came from western countries (read my previous post, idiot).

What I have done is pointed out where things have come from western countries, to idiots who have claimed that NOTHING of value has come from western countries.

Grow up, babygirl.
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-13 17:56:34 |Display all floors
Originally posted by emucentral at 2008-7-13 17:51

I have never claimed that EVERYTHING came from western countries (read my previous post, idiot).

What I have done is pointed out where things have come from western countries, to idiots who  ...

what western countries phuknut?  there is america, and then there is other countries, and among all the other countries, the other "western countries" fall well below china.. australia is down there with africa for great inventions..

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-14 02:57:53 |Display all floors
What is the matter with you people?
THere really is no point in discussing things with those that lack a basic knowledge of anthropology.

1) Humans are an AFRICAN species that spread from Africa.

2) Neanderthals died out...they didn't turn into Europeans.

Lacking a highschoolers understanding of genetics/anthropology is what is holding some forumites from intelligent discussion.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.