Author: joycezou

COLORFUL DOMAIN CLUB SPRING OUTING NOTICE (多彩地带英语俱乐部2008春游通知) [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-3-23 20:40:25 |Display all floors

to Alhaji

I see eye to eye with President Alhaji about toll fees, but maybe not gas. Really hard to figure out gas consumption, as my experience serves.  Oil prices are fluctuating all the time, maybe drivers, such as Alhaji, are pulling the string of it behind the curtain. Everyone is a contributor to Club activity success, passengers share the toll fee, drivers selfishlessly offer gas and machine wear-out, for me, i donate my post and best wishes.

Anyway, my turn to hate you, Alhaji, for doing things that I could not do?

[ Last edited by skylinker at 2008-3-23 08:50 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-25 18:10:08 |Display all floors

What 's a pity I have to give this outing a miss.

:-(

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-27 09:53:17 |Display all floors

good proposal

Agree with Alhaji's proposal. So happy Hudson is always keeping an eye and giving sugguestions and best  regards.

After looking through the posts, u know what i am thinking: Even If u guys are not in the position what u r now, u will be great lecturers or writers. I really appreciate ur hostings and miss Hudon's reports on the meetings as well.  

By the way, look forward to seeing the new venue and enjoying the forthcoming outing. See u guys. Take care, Hudson.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-30 21:32:08 |Display all floors

to Hudson

I came back only yesterday to check your feedback. Sorry for the delay.

I share people's appreciation of your concern, care and suggestions to CD, something that I believe you should and will do. After all, she is your brainchild.

After discussing the gas issue the other day with several of our CD members, drivers and non-drivers alike, we held the view that, though drivers expressed their willingness to pay themselves, instead of bothering others to share the oil consumption fee, we, as organizers and CD members at large, are obliged to share it and to show that drivers’ contributions are duly recognized.  You got to know those drivers shoulder more responsibilities. They are responsible for secured transportation back and forth (not a second of rest allowed during the hours-long journey), and act as a Team Leader or Unit Leader for gathering, accommodation arrangement and activities. And in Sue’s case, she has to make an advanced trip to the site to try the routes and trails, and haggle a good deal with local restaurants and cottages’ owners. Anyway, there will not be an accurate calculation of how much oil has been consumed.  It’ll be a rough and limited sum, and only serve as a token gesture of good will and appreciation.

Photos of the new meeting venue and other activities shall be found at our website soon.  Caeser, our website administrator is working on that.

More development to come, I will keep you posted.

Cheers!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-31 12:04:24 |Display all floors

to Ellie

Thanks for saying so, Ellie. You're also one of the most loyal members of our Club. Without all your contribution, no organizers can make the Club imperishable.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-1 17:14:22 |Display all floors

updates

I came back only yesterday to check your feedback. Sorry for the delay.

I share people's appreciation of your concern, care and suggestions to CD, something that I believe you should and will do. After all, she is your brainchild.

After discussing the gas issue the other day with several of our CD members, drivers and non-drivers alike, we held the view that, though drivers expressed their willingness to pay themselves, instead of bothering others to share the oil consumption fee, we, as organizers and CD members at large, are obliged to share it and to show that drivers’ contributions are duly recognized.  You got to know those drivers shoulder more responsibilities. They are responsible for secured transportation back and forth (not a second of rest allowed during the hours-long journey), and act as a Team Leader or Unit Leader for gathering, accommodation arrangement and activities. And in Sue’s case, she has to make an advanced trip to the site to try the routes and trails, and haggle a good deal with local restaurants and cottages’ owners. Anyway, there will not be an accurate calculation of how much oil has been consumed.  It’ll be a rough and limited sum, and only serve as a token gesture of good will and appreciation.

Photos of the new meeting venue and other activities shall be found at our website soon.  Caeser, our website administrator is working on that.

More development to come, I will keep you posted.

Cheers!:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-5 11:42:12 |Display all floors

how to translate 踩电儿

anyway we did it yesterday. Sue, Ellie and i had a route patrol to San Cha Kou and had a nice deal with local reception facility.  after careful calculation, we believe all expenses shall lie within our budget, i.e. 120 yuan/person.

for better arrangement, members who decide to join this spring outing are kindly reminded to report to Amanda ]BY  Monday the following:

1. number of friends or family members he'or she might bring along (children under the  age of 12, though not encouraged for participating this outing out of reasons of long-journey and comparatively simply living conditions, shall have to pay 60 yuan each );

2. contact means ( emails and mobile phone numbers);

3. come with a car or not (in consideration of drivers' special contribustions and their fees at the toll gates and oil consumption, drivers shall pay 50 yuan each instead) .

Come and join us, it's beautiful there and it's different!

Have fun.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.