Author: debbie520

Can you accept a black as husband   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-3-5 09:40:49 |Display all floors
it's more of a preference.
Though I'm a HK-Chinese guy born abroad, but I don't like a western girl as gf, and totally not a black girl.
It's just a taste I guess.... so up to you..

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-7 16:08:05 |Display all floors
What do your parents think about it? Have you thought about that? What about your kids, when you have them? Will they be accepted OK here? All these things and more need to be thought about before you marry anyone - not just black people.
testing the waters

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-21 04:18:30 |Display all floors
This is a difficult question to answer because only you know in your heart if this is going to work out together or not. No one knows if a relationship can survive unless both of you work on it.  

There are a number of factors to consider before you choose to be with him:
- are both of you financially independent?  If you depend on your parents, they may stop your allowance
- does family know him and accept him? You may need to choose between him or your family.  Are you prepared to give up your family for him?  Is he worth the pain and loss?
- is this your first experience with a man?  The first love you are usually blinded and cannot see what is tolerable and fair
- do you know his family, his friends, how he is with other people, what his goals in life are?
- are you confident he will be there for you through the good times and the bad?
- if you choose to be together, have you thought where you want to live?

I am not dissuading you but giving you some food for thought as I have been there before.  I am chinese and my husband is african.  We have a lovely daughter.  To me she is neither chinese or black but her own individual.  She is exposed to all races at school and will not see herself as different from another child.

I hope you will make a good decision.  The future is out of our hands.  We always strive to do our best.  Always listen to advice but make the decision that's best for you and not others.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-21 19:10:51 |Display all floors
totally agree with what sockmonkey says........

Originally posted by sockmonkey at 2008-3-5 06:31
He loves you; do you love him? That's the most important thing.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-22 09:18:43 |Display all floors

Reply #1 debbie520's post

girl,do you thought about  the things after marry him ?   
you will have to face to his family, his contry, and him culture.   
after all you and him were born at different country,  if you has been married to him ,
you will face to those things for many years.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-25 03:01:20 |Display all floors
I do not understand why you even ask this question? I do not think you should be friends with him if you are worried about his colour, its already an issue for you
a dream is only a dream because you have not made it reality yet

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-25 12:11:55 |Display all floors
seems here few girls marry the black.i think it is not a bad to accept a black only he is a nice man.
Make the impossible possible

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.