Author: vivitena

top3 nature resources of usa? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-3-6 10:26:32 |Display all floors

Kangaroo History too?

emu,

There should be only ONE version of Chinese history , mainly by the Chinese , especially over the periods where no outsiders were there at the time.  We welcome ALL foreigners' contributions , if verified , anytime .

Your limited history curriculum learned in Australia has confused you . There is the official and world recognized version , and there is the revised , " no black armband " version by prof little John , right ?  We do not Do revisions and whitewashing here in China .

So with that little query cleared , you can proceed with your version of the Chinese history listed and I will tell you how accurate you are  ( or not ! ).  Go for your life , mate .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-6 15:04:22 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mengzhi at 2008-3-5 18:00

Wrong buddy . You simply have no idea about Chinese history do you ?  The 5th " talent " the Yanks have in abundance is to mythologize and muddy Chinese history with some ...

What?

Do you mean that we can't learn history from Hollywood blockbusters?

And all this time I thought that those Hollywood blockbusters were giving me the "real" history.

Isn't that where all Americans learn their history?
You will reap what you sow!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-6 19:08:14 |Display all floors

It is John Wayne .

#23 GTH,

You are right ( again ? this is boring ). You would have noticed that the Hollywood war movies have the Americans winning ALL wars , whether they were there or not !? haha .  I saw one on the " Desert Rats " where Montgomery and Rommel made their names . Along came MASH look alike and HE won the war there as well !  You've got to give to to the Americans though . They are brought up on this diet of  " one of us can beat ten of them " attitude . When they get to a hostile place later in life ( there are so many conflicts , every American has a chance ) they would find , to their chagrin , that the enemy is no where as compliant as the " extras " in the movies :  keel over and play dead .  The enemies actually return deadly fire !  Just not cricket .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-12 20:17:07 |Display all floors

Reply #24 mengzhi's post

Have you ever seen any so-called "historic" films from China?  Totally ridiculous!  Especially the films about the PLA fighting off the "evil" Japanese with the stereotypical Hitler mustaches.  It's usually 10 of those "slimy imperialists" to your one "brave/loyal" Chinese.  The Chinese sure know how to stick to historical facts, too.
Individuality: Always Remember That You Are Unique.  Just Like Everybody Else.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-12 20:19:19 |Display all floors
Originally posted by emucentral at 2008-3-6 09:28

Xi-n-ji-ang

East Turkestan, what?
Individuality: Always Remember That You Are Unique.  Just Like Everybody Else.

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2008-3-12 20:25:41 |Display all floors
Originally posted by projeka at 2008-3-12 21:17
Have you ever seen any so-called "historic" films from China?  Totally ridiculous!  Especially the films about the PLA fighting off the "evil" Japanese with the stereotypical Hi ...

These Hitler moustaches were indeed en vogue among Japanese military leaders in the 1930th and 40th.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-12 23:00:23 |Display all floors

It is me, or...

Originally posted by vivitena at 3/4/2008 05:29 AM
hei,thanks everybody
you help me a lot

... has the person that asked the question left the BBS already - while yet another flame war continues. <sigh>
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.