Author: iii3hairs

Western Traditional Values and Virtues Hv Deteriorated Sharply [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-2-28 03:02:05 |Display all floors
Originally posted by scarylaowei at 2008-2-27 13:52
but one cannot dispute the findings that the Americans are less likely to jail immigrants than they are their own citizens.

- if you are American, or NZ laner, or Australiaer, you are also immigrant, aren't you?  Then if the answer is yes, can you tell yourself to others are you your own citizen or immigrant?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-28 03:16:46 |Display all floors
Originally posted by iii3hairs at 2008-2-28 03:02

- if you are American, or NZ laner, or Australiaer, you are also immigrant, aren't you?  Then if the answer is yes, can you tell yourself to others are you your own citizen or immigrant?

No, not necessarily.
citizenship is usually granted to children born in a given country regardless of where their ancestors came from, or an immigrant can apply for it.
A riot is an ugly thing.... and I think it's just about time we had one.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-28 03:23:41 |Display all floors
Originally posted by scarylaowei at 2008-2-27 14:16

No, not necessarily.
citizenship is usually granted to children born in a given country regardless of where their ancestors came from, or an immigrant can apply for it.

- sooooo, you must be either first, or second or third or forth generation, aren't you?  You won't be native, are you? :)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-28 03:24:53 |Display all floors
Originally posted by iii3hairs at 27-2-2008 07:11 PM
- it seems your avatar looks like a gun, so CD or PSB might assume you are a terrorist in China, or FBI in US, or Scotland Yard in GB.. .  You need to be cautious, or you will be in danger.

If you look closely, you will find it is a guitar: Kane Roberts and his guitar.

Never had any trouble in China, the UK, the US, Australia or Singapore ... or anywhere else I have lived or worked.

So, back to my questions ...
Take me down to the paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-28 03:29:30 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tmphgt at 2008-2-27 14:24

If you look closely, you will find it is a guitar: Kane Roberts and his guitar.

Never had any trouble in China, the UK, the US, Australia or Singapore ... or anywhere else I have lived or wo ...

- so, back to ?  assume you must be  a Kane Roberts admirer,,,  hahaha an artist   But who he is   an artist but also a polititian?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-28 04:32:31 |Display all floors
Actually, CB, immigrant crime rates are reduced because an immigrant committing a crime often faces deportation. Illegal immigrants especially face this but many visa holders will be deported if convicted of a felony or even a number of misdemeanors.
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-28 07:30:17 |Display all floors
Originally posted by interesting at 2008-2-27 15:32
Actually, CB, immigrant crime rates are reduced because an immigrant committing a crime often faces deportation. Illegal immigrants especially face this but many visa holders will be deported if co ...

A visitor would still face trial and sentencing before deportation, thereby producing a record to be used in the deportation hearing.

In the case of an illegal immigrant, the cost of having to press charges and try an individual for a misdemeanor would likely be declined, as the deportation hearing would ultimately eject the individual anyways.... but in the case of a serious felony (rape, murder, armed robbery,etc.) they would face trial and sentencing.

I'm not saying that there are no illegal aliens in prison, as I believe the number is +100,000... but when one considers that there are +14 million illegal immigrants in the U.S., the number is far less that some groups would have people believe.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.