Views: 8835|Replies: 46

Western Traditional Values and Virtues Hv Deteriorated Sharply [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-2-20 11:18:24 |Display all floors
- please see this article, a typical.  Certainly they are no longer new to all of us

Shields' mother criticises actress
(Agencies)
Updated: 2008-02-20 10:09

Brooke Shields

Brooke Shields' mother has launched a scathing attack on her actress daughter for denying her access to her grandchildren.

Teri Shields is disappointed Brooke is spending so much time working on her new TV show, Lipstick Jungle, and worries she is not spending enough time with her family.

And Shields is furious she is being kept away from her two granddaughters, Frances, four, and Grier Hammond, 22 months, from Brooke's second marriage to television writer Chris Henchy.

She tells U.S. tabloid the National Enquirer, "I don't see Brooke or my granddaughters much, and if they do come over, it's only for a little while and then they're gone.

"I wish I could see Brooke, but all she does is work. But (she) always makes time to visit her friends no matter how busy she is."

Shields is also unhappy with her son-in-law Henchy, insisting he has an unhealthy influence over her daughter.

She adds, "I'm often disappointed in (Brooke), like the times she snaps: 'What do you ever do for me?' That's what her husband tells her to say. I preferred Brooke's first husband, Andre Agassi, over Chris."

Brooke Shields was married to professional tennis player Agassi for two years before their marriage was annulled in 1999. She went on to wed Henchy in 2001.
0004230fa7020925cf412f.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-20 11:32:36 |Display all floors

Are you a girl?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-20 13:29:14 |Display all floors
Originally posted by iii3hairs at 2008-2-20 11:18
- please see this article, a typical.  Certainly they are no longer new to all of us

Shields' mother criticises actress
(Agencies)
Updated: 2008-02-20 10:09

Brooke Shields ...

Seems Brooke is still HIDDEN in BLUE LAGOON my dear girl........
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-20 14:03:06 |Display all floors

xiao ti da zuo

The title of this article doesnt seem match the gossip of the dispute over Brook Shields and her mother. How does this story represent in anyway or form of Western Traditional Values that have been deteroriated? I can't see the correlation here except helping selling the tabloid.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-20 16:02:55 |Display all floors
Originally posted by chinesequeen at 2008-2-20 16:03
I can't see the correlation here except helping selling the tabloid. ...

Well spotted, ChineseQueen. That's how these silly magazines work.

How many times have we seen one magazine shouting about Denmark's Crown Princess Mary (born in Australia) having difficulties with her marriage and husband, then the next week spouting how romantic the couple are.

It's all garbage.
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-20 16:10:33 |Display all floors
Originally posted by emucentral at 2008-2-20 16:02

Well spotted, ChineseQueen. That's how these silly magazines work.

How many times have we seen one magazine shouting about Denmark's Crown Princess Mary (born in Australia) having difficulti ...

True, and the obvious questions, is what is the motivation to post this and make this claim?
Good Gweilo: My job is the ideological quality control

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-20 19:10:49 |Display all floors
Originally posted by wowzers at 2008-2-20 18:10
True, and the obvious questions, is what is the motivation to post this and make this claim?

Huh ?

Do you have an issue with my example ?

I remember seeing a TV commercial for a mag talking about Mary's "distress" or something like that, and last week in the supermarket there was a lovey dovey picture of the two of them.
I can't remember if it was actually the same mag, but I remember thinking of the contrast between the promo a few weeks before.
It's the same with tabloid current affairs shows.

If you have a problem with what I wrote, spell it out man !!!!
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.