Author: gotohell

Why do Europeans Hate Americans? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-2-18 06:16:18 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tongluren at 2008-2-17 15:06
You have a toxic mixture - braggart spendthrift bullies, hypocrites with a blackheart.  What's to like?

See how it works?  Their ancestors got in, wiped out 99% of the natives, and then the rest ...

To your comment of rape, it was not a crime that only "whites" committed. Taking of female prisoners was something a number of tribes did, but probably fewer cases than the media of the time promoted. The Cherokee even kept African Americans as slaves.

So the inhumanity of man to man is not limited to a single race, but I will grant you that "whites" have done so on a larger scale throughout history than others. (Though the golden horde might have outdone them if its empire had lasted a little longer.) What has happened though has happened and can not be undone.

It is my hope that people will one day learn from history so as not to repeat it, but history is usually a subject that is first to be cut from school curriculums.... usually by the madmen in power who wish to conceal their movements or by ignorance of its importance.

[ Last edited by cbcronin at 2008-2-17 05:20 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-18 07:14:02 |Display all floors
Originally posted by cbcronin at 2008-2-18 02:30
What was done to the Cherokee, Sioux, Choctaw, Chippewa, Iroquois, etc. concerning treaties was not honorable.

You got to be kidding me!

"not honorable"? You make it sound like they just slapped a few around!

Man, we have terror, brutality, sadism, rape, genocide, holocaust and extermination on a universal scale.

So don't give me that "not honorable" crap!
You will reap what you sow!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-18 08:36:24 |Display all floors
Originally posted by gotohell at 2008-2-17 18:14

You got to be kidding me!

"not honorable"? You make it sound like they just slapped a few around!

Man, we have terror, brutality, sadism, rape, genocide, holocaust and extermin ...

Perhaps you might try reading the statement again.... I said concerning treaties.

What was done in regards to the small pox blankets, elimination of the Bison, the Trail of Tears, etc. were horrendous acts.... but they did not reflect the actions of all "whites". There were men who fought for the rights of American Indians (Lummis, Collier, McLaughlin, etc.), so to accuse the entire race is a blatant act of racism....rather than a statement of truth.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-18 08:48:14 |Display all floors
Originally posted by cbcronin at 2008-2-18 08:36
There were men who fought for the rights of American Indians (Lummis, Collier, McLaughlin, etc.), so to accuse the entire race is a blatant act of racism....rather than a statement of truth.  

Never heard of these non-entities!

They were obvious failures as the end result was always EXTERMINATION of the natives!
You will reap what you sow!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-18 09:01:04 |Display all floors
Originally posted by gotohell at 2008-2-17 19:48

Never heard of these non-entities!

They were obvious failures as the end result was always EXTERMINATION of the natives!

The use of the Navajo language to defeat Japanese intelligence efforts, by Navajo warriors in WWII, would dispute that.
The right to freely practice their religious beliefs would dispute that.
The return of the Isleta children and the reversal of the program, allowing the government to send Indian children away to boarding schools, would dispute that.

And so on....... Before you make wildly inaccurate comments, perhaps a simple bit of research might aid your attempts to gain face among the community.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-18 09:55:20 |Display all floors

The Illustrious History of Code Whisperers

The standing order during WW II was that they Navajo warriors were to be shot if they run a risk of being captured.  American snipers were given express instructions to kill the indians if there was a chance they would end up in Japanese hands, and in fact quite a few were murdered by those they call their brothers (I guess the brotherly love was not reciprocal).

The right to freely practice their religion must explain how Indian children were packed off to group homes and prohibited from learning ANYTHING native, be it language, customs, or religious practices.  Today the predominant religion amongst native Americans is Christianity.  That speaks volumes.  Compare that to the natives in any of China's more than 50 native minority groups and you'd see the difference.

So why are those comments wildly inaccurate?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-18 10:04:49 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tongluren at 2008-2-17 20:55
So why are those comments wildly inaccurate?  

Because gth said the actions of these men resulted in nothing and the end result was always the extinction of the natives.

Should I not read the actual of comments of posters and respond to them?
Or should I sit idly by and let inaccuracy fuel the unspoken intent........

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.