---------------------
CCTV9 is More Impartial Than the BBC
The moon is made of rocks and stuff
Black is black
1 and one is 2
---------------------------------------------------

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-16 17:14:47 |Display all floors
do you get CCTV9 in Melbourne Emucentral ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-17 01:11:39 |Display all floors
CCTV9  should retire that Kiwi news reader Edwin Maher.
He's so passe.

And your language polishers at China Daily also need to be checked for professionalism and work ethics.  I suspect some of them are deliberately undermining your publication by their malicious actions.

I think the Chinese are too naiive in accepting some of these anglo-saxons into their "foreign experts" pool of talents for employment. In fact, few of these working in your country are employable in their own country, I'm sure. Their performance at their jobs are clearly lacking. Leaves much to be desired in terms of competence, China you are being taken for a ride by these anglo-saxon trouble-makers in CCTV and in your English language teachers at your colleges and schools. Many of them are bad-mouthing your country privately when they are in the company of their compatriots in your country.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-17 01:17:14 |Display all floors
Originally posted by piethh at 2008-2-17 01:11
CCTV9  should retire that Kiwi news reader Edwin Maher.
He's so passe.

And your language polishers at China Daily also need to be checked for professionalism and work ethics.  I suspect some o ...

Thanks for playin' "Dis Your Neighbor", anything you'd like to add as the only good laowai in China?
Good Gweilo: My job is the ideological quality control

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-17 06:52:54 |Display all floors
Originally posted by card-holder at 2008-2-16 19:14
do you get CCTV9 in Melbourne Emucentral ?

Not on Free to Air.
I've seen excerpts on the web.

SBS also retransmits CCTV4 news.
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-17 13:03:26 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tongluren at 2008-2-16 02:11
...In comparison, Chinese routinely die from auto related deaths, and most of that point to defects in either design or manufacturing.  Why isn't China even more justified in banning all Japanese and U.S. made autos and auto parts?  

When was the last time you saw the way mainland Chinese utilize the vehicles here? How they drive/walk? How the traffic is (dis)organized?

Have you seen the technical condition of vehicles in use ? If yes, can you compare their condition on the basis foreign design vs. domestic design. I mean,  a decent and truly comparison... Which group will show more technical problems?

Here I think you did not only miss the target, but you shot in opposite direction.
Andy Dob

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-17 13:25:32 |Display all floors

Chinese Exported Goods Are 10 Times Safer

So who's being unfair here?  EVERYONE knows that there is no such thing as 100% safe anything.  By comparison, since NOBODY died from the China made gaoza, Chinese food is 10 times safer than Japanese foods, as there are food poison deaths in Japan every single year.  China made foods going to Japan are subject to 10 times more stringent inspection than food made in Japan.  The call to ban China exported food is simple protectionism, intended as trade action to harm China.

Western press coverage is prejudiced and China bashing to the extreme.  

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/16/us/16baxter.html?hp

Even when the factory in China is majority owned by Americans, even when the factory violated about 30 Chinese laws and exported purported pharmaceutical grade materials when it did not even have a drug manufacturing license, the despicable American press tried to pin the rap on China.  

American action in buying non-pharmaceutical grade chemicals and then selling it as drugs for humans, killed Americans, and then the Americans tried to blame China for it.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.