Author: gotohell

Racists [Copy link] 中文

Rank: 8Rank: 8

Post time 2008-2-6 13:20:00 |Display all floors
Originally posted by correction at 2008-2-6 13:00

But I've never seen that in China!


You've never seen racism in China?
Have you ever been here?
Ask an African?
Forget that, ask any American Born Chinese who tried to get a job in an English Language Training Center?

Fact is racism in all its colors can unfortunately be found everywhere...
Good Gweilo: My job is the ideological quality control

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 6Rank: 6

Post time 2008-2-6 14:25:27 |Display all floors
Originally posted by wowzers at 2008-2-6 13:20


You've never seen racism in China?
Have you ever been here?
Ask an African?
Forget that, ask any American Born Chinese who tried to get a job in an English Language Training Center?

Fact  ...


ABC in China vs. CBC in the State. Wonder which is better off in terms of all that?

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 8Rank: 8

Post time 2008-2-6 14:29:50 |Display all floors
Originally posted by chinesequeen at 2008-2-6 14:25


ABC in China vs. CBC in the State. Wonder which is better off in terms of all that?


I can't honestly answer your question BUT
There are laws against discrimination in the States (and they are enforced)
Perhaps many of the most vocal forumites(the Cyber-Chinese) can answer your question.
Getting the truth from them is of course another matter...
Good Gweilo: My job is the ideological quality control

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 6Rank: 6

Post time 2008-2-6 14:36:04 |Display all floors
Originally posted by wowzers at 2008-2-6 14:29


I can't honestly answer your question BUT
There are laws against discrimination in the States (and they are enforced)
Perhaps many of the most vocal forumites(the Cyber-Chinese) can answer y ...


Did you experience any type of discrimination during your stay in China? Just curious if there are some, what are they that make you feel uncomfortable?

[ Last edited by chinesequeen at 2008-2-6 02:37 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 8Rank: 8

Post time 2008-2-6 14:49:50 |Display all floors
Originally posted by chinesequeen at 2008-2-6 14:36


Did you experience any type of discrimination during your stay in China? Just curious if there are some, what are they that make you feel uncomfortable?


Just the typical drunken louts resenting me being here or being with a Chinese woman.
And the attempts at overcharging.
But all in all the discrimination has worked in my favor.
The real discrimination occurs towards people of color, overseas Chinese and of course those from other provinces...
Good Gweilo: My job is the ideological quality control

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 6Rank: 6

Post time 2008-2-6 15:03:08 |Display all floors
Originally posted by wowzers at 2008-2-6 14:49


Just the typical drunken louts resenting me being here or being with a Chinese woman.
And the attempts at overcharging.
But all in all the discrimination has worked in my favor.
The real discrimination occurs towards people of color, overseas Chinese and of course those from other provinces...


LOL The Chinese woman often got caught in the middle, tough position to be in. Hard to please both sometimes.

It seems you enjoy your stay in China. I hate Cantonese's discrimination against people from other provinces. Just a dialect.

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 8Rank: 8

Post time 2008-2-6 15:15:08 |Display all floors
Originally posted by chinesequeen at 2008-2-6 15:03


LOL The Chinese woman often got caught in the middle, tough position to be in. Hard to please both sometimes.

It seems you enjoy your stay in China. I hate Cantonese's discrimination against ...


Yes I love it here!
I consider China and especially Guangzhou as my home now...
Good Gweilo: My job is the ideological quality control

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.