Author: jyq334

求助:“河流湖泊密集之地”如何翻译好? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-2-13 15:06:50 |Display all floors

The fact:

North China, where Beijing is located, faces a sharp shortage of water.
平行网 parallelnet

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-14 23:22:15 |Display all floors
北京地区在华北平原上属于河流湖泊密集之地
The region of Beijing is noted for the concentration of rivers and lakes in North China plain.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-17 22:58:08 |Display all floors

help

how to translate"训练不素"?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-18 11:16:06 |Display all floors

改正

是“训练有素”

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-18 11:32:18 |Display all floors
Originally posted by asd5387 at 2008-2-17 22:16
是“训练有素”

well-trained

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-18 13:02:38 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tumujerome at 2008-2-4 04:32 PM
"Dense" is good for 密集. Hence, another option with that "-ed with" structure could be "an area densely covered with lakes and rivers".
Well, I always trust tumu and nano, really.

[As a side note, not a criticism: the words densely covered with or dense with is very often found (collocated) with hair, on the one hand, or trees or vegetation, on the other.)

Don't get frustrated, copchen! As tumu says, check the example sentences in the dictionaries. They'll give you a good idea of how a word is used. And it's easy to go online to Onelook and check through the various dictionaries. (I think Dictionary.com, which is referenced there, has very extensive entries.) I think, as you get more used to doing that, it will become a little easier to ascertain which word is appropriate where.

Originally posted by tumujerome at 2008-2-4 04:32 PM
I was just commenting on the grammaticality of the tructure rather than the accuracy of translation.
Maybe you should have the "s" key on your keyboard checked, tumu? :)
中文我不会读也不会写。Really, I don't.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.