Author: augustusq

Is China a friend or Not? --to Viet Nam people [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-2-4 11:53:10 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tradervic at 2008-2-2 17:47
1 9 7 3 vs. 1 9 8 9 - what is the more recent memory for the younger generations of Vietnam?

what's this picture for? You meant those are Chinese captives of VN during the 1979 war?  If it's true, Laowai, how could you do this?  Why don't you show some vn captives of China?  Or US captives of VN?  Or French captives of VN?  Or US or UN captives of China or No. K.?  Xie xie

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-4 13:15:51 |Display all floors
Originally posted by pjtran at 2008-2-3 10:26

satsu--just so you know most of the tourists in VN ARE NOT quite exactly what you have in mind...it was a coincidence that you WERE there at the right time to see/meet the chinese's tourists th ...

You are perfectly right that I've met quite a few VN Chinese in overseas that no matter how old or how young, everyone claimed that they are Chinese (not VN). And most older generations can speak fluent Chinese, either Mandarin or Cantonese or Chaozhou Hua4, or 2 or 3 dialects in combination, besides able speak VN.  Chinese people in overseas, particularly those older (not old) generations have strong roots with China for everything.  It's shame that they all went to overseas many generations ago due to the poverty in China, but they deeply remembered as dragon person's traditions and long history as well as rich culture - and deeply in hearts, every Chinese people overseas feels pride no matter how hard and suffering when struggling with the cultural shock and been racially discriminated against badly. Racial profile, and injustice in the Western world, as I know in the US, have particularly applied to against "colored" people in general. Best examples: if Asians were killed by White, judges would let whites go (many cases. "let go" does not mean not punish, but a word to describe it's much lighter to be punished); if Whites were killed by Asians, minorities will be punished harder than ever.... I am not a person to make stories, and I am a very factual person, and I have seen, read, hear, and witnessed so many.  I was a researcher, therefore I take pride for what I will have to say and to write - by facts and truth.  If you go to US's Human Rights Advocate orgainizations from minorities, like African's, Hispanic, and Asian's, you will know. You just type keywords.  Particularly go to www.aclu.org, go click the "racial issues" or "human Rights" on the right column of the main page, you will see all the petitions and wrtings from the ACLU to the State Department of US to protest that State Dept. intentionally withheld the report yearly for many years required by UN that each member country needs to submit the report of domestic racial issues.

Therefore, my conclusion for this latter part of the post is: the US has no right to intervine other countries' domestic affairs or whatsoever, it needs to examine itself first for its bloody history lasting till today.

However what I'm saying here is not that I try to defend for China's problems.  China does have many problems.  But China has never tried to attack the US first, instead of, it's US who always tried to attack China, or manipulate the whole world and UN to do so.  I have heard many American friends saying to me by US's media's frequent attacks to China for everything that "is it CIA or FBI did this, any conspiracies?".

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-5 06:30:54 |Display all floors

lets move to VN...

"If you are interested, there is a study by prof. Chan, Y.W. available on the web - and no, certainly not on Wikipedia."...prof CHAN is no vietnamese.  ALL vietnamese MUST have their names in vietnamese spelling like my for example: CHEN/CHAN/CHIN is Trần.  and prof CHAN is just an outsider doing his thesis for his school project in order to stay on faculty payroll    anyway, for anyone's to learn other people culture is to stay as CLOSE as possible if not marry the native in order to appreciate the local tongue  ;P

PS!  most chinese's tourists there are love to make fun of VN...especially the vietnamese, đồng & i have ran into quite a few incidents with the taiwanese's tourists...just shut 'em up!
đồng.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2008-2-5 09:31:03 |Display all floors
Originally posted by pjtran at 2008-2-5 07:30
"If you are interested, there is a study by prof. Chan, Y.W. available on the web - and no, certainly not on Wikipedia."...prof CHAN is no vietnamese.  ALL vietnamese MUST have their name ...

Since when does someone who makes a study on VN tourism has to be a Vietnamese?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-5 09:41:41 |Display all floors

<chuckle>

Originally posted by iii3hairs at 2/3/2008 09:53 PM
what's this picture for? You meant those are Chinese captives of VN during the 1979 war?  If it's true, Laowai, how could you do this?  Why don't you show some vn captives of China?  Or US captives of VN?  Or French captives of VN?  Or US or UN captives of China or No. K.?  Xie xie   

Oh I believe the discussion was about Vietnamese/Chinese Relations, no?

As for the image - that was simple, Google - china vietnam 1979 - Images:
googlechinavietnam1979.JPG
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-5 11:01:14 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2008-2-4 12:40

It seems ptran has answered my - honest and serious - queries more accurately than any Chinese has done; I am not Vietnamese but curious enouh about the relationship between the two countries.  ...

If you are not Viet Namese or Chinese, you have no right to curse the the friendship between the two peoples.
If you believe you have, i think you have very bad personality in nature.

We agree we can learn a lot from VN, and we can learn a lot of from all the nations worldwide. We Chinese have been doing in this way. But you may not understand, because you are totally blind to this fact.
By the way, i can tell you, there are many people in China are learning Vietnamese language. You can  find such text books in the bookstores in China. Many Chinese learn Russian, Japanese, French, Spanish, etc.
You never learn that?  
All of the above facts prove you are less logical again. Shut up, my dear healthy guy, you words make you have eggs on your own face.

Sample TextIf you are not Viet Namese or Chinese, you have no right to curse the the friendship between the two peoples.
手握乾坤鼠, 茶溶四海秋. 心宽无大志, 戏赋欲还休.
Blog: http://www.blog.sina.com.cn/qujiangrong

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-5 11:22:26 |Display all floors

inadequate just NOT genuine...

Originally posted by satsu_jin at 2/4/08 08:31 PM

Since when does someone who makes a study on VN tourism has to be a Vietnamese?

LOL...sure don't have to be a vietnamese native but it would help tremendously if he stays there for sometime!  anyway, i just want ev'ryone to know that VN & CHN ARE NOT friends...nowhere on earth that they WILL BE; it's only business that CHN wants & only help that VN needs for now.  i WILL NOT go back to this thread again just nothing left for me to share my point of view!  happy new year, folks

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.