Views: 6198|Replies: 12

Is China a friend or Not? --to Viet Nam people [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-2-1 14:35:23 |Display all floors
i am a chinese.
I love to talk about China and Viet Nam with you.
I believe China is a friend of VN, because:
1) we have a very similar culutre background. we are all infuenced by Confucianism. Besides, VN used Chinese characters as words in their own language as Japan do now. Even now the two nations are ruled by communist parties (That causes predjudice of some western powers, but we need not care. Islamic iran are hated by them, too. It does not have communism.)  
I think that does not prove VN is inferior to China, but prove that we have the same understanding about family, love, education and culture. You may know there are many nations who believe in the same relegions, e.g. catholic, Islam, Buddism, etc. Many peoples share the same languages, e.g. English is shared by US, Canada, Britain, Australia, New Zealand, Irealand, etc. But that does not prove US people is inferior to British people. On the contrary, they understand each other more easily. They are natural allies, as they ever said. I think the same culture or similar culture background helps.
2) The two countries are all developing countries and developing their market economy. people here hate wars. they want to earn more money, live happily and safely instead.
3)Both of the two nations bullied by the invaders, e.g. Japan, US, France, etc. We have the history of figting together against them. We have same understanding that we must build our countires stronger to protect ourselves.
We have the friendship built by our ancestors.
4)Many chinese people are mixed with VN blood; many VN people mixed with Chinese blood. If DNA can be tested, i believe we are in the same big family. Some say: blood is thicker than water. That is absolutely true. That helps me understand that in the 80s of 19th century, why french troops invaded Vietnam first and then China, why China sent troops to fignt together with VN people against french invaders, why the western powers never say China or VN is their natural ally. That's clear. They are white people, they speak european languages, they believe in the same God. Even now, when mentioning Ho Chi Minh, Chinese people all know him very well and say he is VN hero and a friend of Chinese.

I agree there were wars between the two counties in the history. But I do not care who is right or wrong. What I believe is that peoples in both countries do not like wars caused by their governments. That's true.
I also agree there  were territorial contraversy between the two countries. But that's not a major problem harming the peaceful relationship and the developmentg goals of  the two countries.
I also believe if the two nations unite, western powers may envy, hate, or admire(as they may say). But we do not care if they like it or not. What we care is how we can live a more happy and more peaceful life. You can ask yourself if you are member of the two nations.

Thank you for reading my message.i wish my words can help us understand each other better.

---------------------------------------
手握乾坤鼠, 茶溶四海秋. 心宽无大志, 戏赋欲还休.
Blog: http://www.blog.sina.com.cn/qujiangrong

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-2 04:48:21 |Display all floors

Blood Brothers.

Dear augustusq,

Nice to hear from you and more so , your lovely summary of the China-Vietnam history . Both countries share a common land border . As with all nations who have this " fence " , there are bound to be hiccups between neighbours , especially as these two countries have been around for thousands of years. Border clashes , invasions both ways , cattle rustling that sort of thing. The things common to us far ,far outweigh the things which divide us  : common culture , shared language, customs and tradition , Confucius teachings and values and intermarrying , trade ..... the list goes on .

Outside forces ( read foreign invaders ) have come and caused both our countries great harm , hurt and shame. But we have persevered and survived . We have been allies  ( American war ) more than we are enemies.

Now that we are masters of our own destiny again ( the foreigners kicked out  ) , we should concentrate in cultivating our common ground more and more .

Confucius said " United we thrive , divided we fall " .Cheers.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-2 15:37:07 |Display all floors

Please excuse my remedial kid .

My remedial class kid seems to be resistant to education .  Senna , I have mentioned that countries who share a land border will always have problems with the fence , the overhanging tree branches , fruits being pilfered etc : the same as any two neighbours in real life . Vietnam has crossed over to Chinese territories and vice versa although " international borders " are modern day inventions . In days of old , might is right  and the stronger ( at the time ) will always grab some land from the other side .

So read my lips :  The colonizing heathens sailed across the seven seas and five oceans to conquer and invade nations which have nothing common with them : neither race , language , culture , customs or traditions . They do not share a common land border . These are aliens from afar , whose one and only aim is to rape and rampage , gather wealth they don't deserve and humiliate the natives.

I know you will find this hard to digest again . I have already explained this to you so many times before , But I am patient and I will practice what Confucius taught us  " It is more blessed to give than to receive " , So if necessary , I will repeat this remedial history again , once more time . Cheers .

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2008-2-2 16:58:57 |Display all floors
Originally posted by augustusq at 2008-2-1 15:35
i am a chinese.
I love to talk about China and Viet Nam with you.
I believe China is a friend of VN, because:
1) we have a very similar culutre background. we are all infuenced by Confucianis ...

augustusq,

A real good and plausible post. What a stark contrast to some other postings by O/S Chinese who tried to ignite hatred among the people of China and Vietnam. In spite of sometimes bumpy relations between the two countries, China and Vietnam had similar developments in the 20th cenutury. For Vietnam the struggle for independence and freedom started in WWII with the fight of the Viet Minh against the Japanese aggressors and the French colonialists. After the Viet Minh succeeded, Vietnam was divided and the whole liberation fight had to start anew. This time against the US and their puppet regime in Saigon. Vietnam's fight for unity and liberation was backed by China over decades. Present day Vietnam has decided to go a similar way as China, modernize, to liberalize the economy and to achieve a better life for future generations.

From all of China's neighbors, no one is so closely related to China as Vietnam. Buddhism, Daoism, Confucianism, a realated language and over centuries the same common Chinese script (unfortunately the French forced an alien Western script upon Vietnam) are the visible signs of strong cultural ties between both nations.

China and Vietnam are natural allies and not enemies. As Mengzhi said, scirmishes do sometimes happen, even with the closest of neighbors but they should never distort the view for common goals.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-2 20:34:33 |Display all floors

reply to satsu_jin

thank you.  i write this because i found it so urgent to bring more understandings.
world peace is actually good to all people, especially the grassroots.
However, peace needs understanding and tollerance; peace also needs independent thinking.
Forget any official politics for the time being, let's for our working for friendship.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-2 22:20:02 |Display all floors

Reply to seneca #3

pls kindly read the same subject in China & World Today. There you can find the right answer.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-6 01:06:24 |Display all floors
I'm Chinese and I do not feel any friendship or hostility towards the Vietnamese population. Despite the supposed "common history" that we share the Vietnamese by no means host traits that we can clearly define as common with us. Indeed there are mixings between the two group, but we still differ vastly, both in terms of culture and appearances. My Vietnamese friends feel no attachment to the Chinese and some even think they're racially superior (don't know where that came from). Also the two languages are very different whether its written or spoken. Ps if asked whether I would integrate with the Vietnamese my answers would be a clear no, and if land is taken into account I would first sweep off its population.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.