Author: xilaren

the r [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-1-28 04:02:20 |Display all floors

Hm...

No offense Xilaren - but given some of the crazy things I have seen with the networks (computer and phone) the last few weeks.  As for her getting hitched - just how friendly did you think you were with her.  I have worked with folks that have led private lives.  If she is just being to open up - let her take her time.  We all dance to the beat of a different drummer.
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-28 16:07:38 |Display all floors
Well, I think it is just because of the distance became far between you and her, as talking to a person face to face are always more convenient than writting a email or making a phone call. It doesn't mean that your friendship faded away.

I have some friends far from me, and we could not see each other time to time, but I always remember them.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-28 16:13:20 |Display all floors
Originally posted by xilaren at 2008-1-27 22:59

Neglect e-mails saying that I was worried ?Not enough excuse.

Maybe she was totally infatuated with her marriage and forgot you temporarily... I just guess it, for I don't know what kind of person she is ....

:)
Another day , another dollars!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-28 16:55:30 |Display all floors
Originally posted by xilaren at 2008-1-27 19:26
I had a very good friend in China.One day she stopped writing to me abruptly.
I was really worried about her so I sent her  e-mails expressing my worries about her absence.
I received no answer.I ...

Friendship from two sides is great but from one side is not a real friendship. I think the second one it’s your case.

It’s common what it happened to u I think. Some people change their way of kindness, attention and communications and most of the reasons is when people experience a new stage in their life, marriage, a new busy job or just being abroad makes people change sometimes involuntarily.

I have many friends that I lost contact and the frequency of communication with others decreased a lot.
Some people are called friends because they deserve it; the value of friendship is for those who really mean a lot to us. Maybe for you she was your friend, but she doesn’t think or feel the same about you. It could be feelings, culture differences or just different personalities.

Some questions

Did u reply her last email?
Did u ask her why she didn’t reply ur messages?
If she did, what was her explanation?

I think every person deserve a second chance, in a real friendship one of the parts should do it, is you who have to give her a chance to explain u what really happened to her. Listen to her and decide what to do.

Always is better to have few real friends than many who can bring you sadness or bad surprises.

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2008-1-29 03:56:54 |Display all floors
Originally posted by force_one at 2008-1-28 16:55

Friendship from two sides is great but from one side is not a real friendship. I think the second one it’s your case.

It’s common what it happened to u I think. Some people change their wa ...

Thank you very much for your advice.I had a really warm friendship with this lady.Her e-mails used to be so warm .She expressed her love about me in a very touching way.I have never received such an e-mail from anybody in my life.
It was not her silence that made me lose my enthusiasm about her.It was her ignorance to my e-mails which showed clearly how much I worried about her health.
After a whole year ,three days ago she sent me an e-mail saying how much she missed me.
I had already taken her out of my heart.I had no intention of calling her even when I visit China this year.
All these for one reason.I was under the impression that she did not want any contact with me.

Now I have decided.I will write back to her.She used to be a good friend of mine.I will hear her first and then I will decide.
Yes we need to give people a second chance.We never know what is happening in their mind and life.
I really    love China,半个 中国 人

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-29 03:57:42 |Display all floors
Originally posted by robertcheng at 2008-1-27 19:51

True friendship  doesn't fade as the passage of time....

She may be busy with her marriage and neglect your emails...... But I reckon she should at least tell your her marriage and then situ ...

This is what I also believe.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-29 03:58:45 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tradervic at 2008-1-28 04:02
No offense Xilaren - but given some of the crazy things I have seen with the networks (computer and phone) the last few weeks.  As for her getting hitched - just how friendly did you think you were ...

thank you for your answer

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.