Author: saj2go

The Biggest Robbery of the 20th Century [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-1-25 18:12:46 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2008-1-25 14:13
In my book the Jews are as native to Palestine as the Philistines themselves, fullo stop.

Let's also remember that Israel was attacked a number of times, and the attackers and invaders were beaten back by the Israelis who conquered territory previously occupied by those who attacked Israel.

The Golan Heights and Sinai are examples.
Israel did hand back the Sinai to Egypt, but are hanging on to the Golan Heights to stop Syria using that strategic location to launch attacks on Israel.

Quite a reasonable response from Israel, one would expect. If Syria had not attacked Israel, it would still have the Golan Heights.

The other issue is that a lot of this Arab land in Jerusalem and other parts is being bought, at a commercial price, from the Arab or Palestinian landowners. If the purchaser happens to be an Israeli Jewish person, so what ?

I am not in favour of the behaviour of many right wing Israelis, but ordinary Israelis are quite happy to live and work with Palestinians, it just makes it a bit hard when Israelis keep getting blown up at wedding parties & on buses, and have Katushya rockets landing in their living rooms.
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-26 12:18:05 |Display all floors
It is too bad!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-26 12:51:36 |Display all floors

Reply #10 emucentral's post

Yeah, sometimes people can't see the forest for the trees! I'd imagine it's hard for average Israelis to remain peaceful when a suicide bomber blows up a bus with their kids on it. It's too easy to blame either side, but we have to remain objective and tackle the root of the problem.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-26 18:06:54 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2008-1-26 12:46
And they set up two of the Near East's only vineyards with a winery each that produce a drink wortth 20 Aussie dollars a bottle!
Trouble is these wineries are on "Syrian" territory called Golan Heights.

I didn't know that, Seneca.

Are you suggesting that Israel is not handing over the Golan Heights to Syria, not because of security issues, but because they like their home grown $20 a bottle plonk ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-26 18:34:46 |Display all floors

Path to more conflicts.

These maps demonstrate once and for all the avaricious land grab that the Zionists have done since 1948. The Jewish State was installed by the UN when the British left , tail between legs .  Ever since then , the USA has taken on the mandate of protecting and allowing her client state to do whatever she liked with the Palestinians , their land and every thing in it . The successive maps show the " fair " occupation by force and stealth by the Zionists , under the protection of their organ grinder.

Germany should have allocated a decent piece of land for the Jews they so vigorously tried to exterminate . That would have assuaged the German guilt and the Jews' desire to have their own land .  The UN resolutions ( hundreds of them ) for the lands occupied in the wars with the Arab states be returned and let two separate stated be created , were ignored. The Arabs are guilty of over confidence and arrogance when they had the upper hand initially in the warring contest . They squandered their chances and now they are paying for their " sins ". However no peace will come if the Zionists continue to occupy and nibble away more and more land from the Palestinian as days go by . The USA has to answer for the continued conflict and carnage in that part of  the world .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-26 21:20:53 |Display all floors
Actually, I strong support the Palestinian . They suffered enough! Backed by the US, the Israelian can invade the Palestine without any difficulties. Now, the Palestinian just demanded  what  belonged to them originally.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-27 17:39:54 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2008-1-27 12:03
I worked there in KIbbutz Hulata (two days ago I found a blog where ex Hulata volunteers maintain contact with each other). We grew cotton and citrus fruits, and also dabbled in cattle breeding (I helped the vet inseminate cows); in addition the kibbutz had a shoe factory.

Sounds interesting. While I grew up on a farm, I never found it necessary to stick anything (whether it be glass tubes or my arm) up a cow, although I did see my father do it when necessary.

Yep, I would love to visit Israel and Jordan (Petra).

It sounds quite reasonable that Israel should retain the Golan Heights, since Syria used it as a base to attack Israel, and when Syria attempted to invade Israel, it ended up losing territory. The aggressor got their comeuppance.
You said that Druze farmers currently occupy the GH. Druze are Christian Arabs, right ?
Are the Druze there the original inhabitants of that area, prior to Israeli control, or did they move there from other parts of Israel after Israel gained control of the GH?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.