Views: 3902|Replies: 4

Topics for Colorful Domain English Club(BJ) , January 27, 2008 [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-1-23 08:47:43 |Display all floors
Time: 10.30am-12.30pm
Venue: Byone Western Restaurant 百万庄园西餐店(朝外联合大厦店)
(highly appreciated if you could arrive by 10:20 a.m.)

Host: Alhaji
Prepared Speaker: Kathleen
Minutes Writer: Richard

Topic 1: Role Model

Whom would you like to be? Do you have any role models or idols? Do they play positive or negative roles in your life?

Topic 2: Childhood Memories

Many of us are living far away from where we were born and brought up. As the home-bound train takes you closer and closer to your hometown, bringing along memories of the past--parents and relatives, classmates and friends, and so on, what is your mood?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-23 08:53:11 |Display all floors

Topics for Colorful Domain English Club(BJ) , January 27, 2008

Time: 10.30am-12.30pm
Venue: Byone Western Restaurant 百万庄园西餐店(朝外联合大厦店)
(highly appreciated if you could arrive by 10:20 a.m.)

Host: Alhaji
Prepared Speaker: Kathleen
Minutes Writer: Richard

Topic 1: Role Model
Whom would you like to be? Do you have any role models or idols? Do they play positive or negative roles in your life?

Topic 2: Childhood Memories
Many of us are living far away from where we were born and brought up. As the home-bound train takes you closer and closer to your hometown, bringing along memories of the past--parents and relatives, classmates and friends, and so on, what is your mood?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-23 09:06:24 |Display all floors

How to get there

Take Loop Line of the Subway, Get off at Chaoyangmen Station, and Take Exit A. Walk around the Office Building of Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) clockwise. The restaurant is just opposite to MOFA's southeastern entrance.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-23 09:09:47 |Display all floors

wow,the topic 2 is for me perfectly!

it's such a pity that i can't be there to share my ideas this coming Sunday since i will go back to my hometown then. I'll go to the village where I spent my childhood this spring festival vacation. I'll make a prepared speech about it when I come back to BJ.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-26 19:49:31 |Display all floors

you always do that

you always do that. whenever i pick up topics deliberately suitable for you, you fail to show up. hehe.
joking apart, i wish you a pleasant journey back home. and do remember you promised to make a prepared speech about childhood and your hometown.
i have a cold right now, running nose, reddening eyes. i hope i could recover soon so that i could make it tomorrow for hosting our CD meeting. And best of all, i shall have to come to stage of the Great Hall of the People to translate the speech made by president of my company at the beginning of the evening's concert.  
simply no time to prepare the impromptu and table topics. guess i will have to make topics impromptu and concentrate on talking Topic 3.
btw, there should be surprise awards for someone who come to our meeting. just don't let the cat out of the bag.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.