Author: pender

Is it any difference who will be the next US president? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-1-24 05:30:14 |Display all floors

<chuckle>

Originally posted by mengzhi at 1/22/2008 05:30 AM
The tragedy for the Americans and the rest of the world is that the eventual winner is bound to be an American .

Hm... seems to be a lament from a lot of the corners of the world - "Because we are not Americans, we cannot control America!".

Last time I checked, if you want to participate - the (legal) immigration door is still open.  Have a boy or girl born on American soil - and you can be sitting in the White House, yelling at your kid to change the world.

The option, which has not be explored since Texas, and quite possibly Puerto Rico, is applying to become the 51st state/commonwealth.

As the old saying goes - if you can't beat them, join them!
darkcookies.jpg
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-24 06:08:03 |Display all floors

Reply to # 17 - tradervic (Uncle Laowai)

Image Attachment: darkcookies.jpg (24-101-2008 02:30 AM, 64.83 K)

Cooooool, man

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-24 06:10:30 |Display all floors

Reply to # 17 - tradervic (Uncle Laowai)

Hm... seems to be a lament from a lot of the corners of the world - "Because we are not Americans, we cannot control America

That could not be the words of the civilised person.

First of all, no non-american is interested into that.

and secondly, the americans should also not be expecting the same in the rest of the world.

Agree ???

[ Last edited by saj2go at 2008-1-24 03:11 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-24 15:06:26 |Display all floors
Originally posted by pender at 2008-1-20 21:18
Is it any difference who will be the next US president?

Does it matter?

They are all the same -- a bunch of talentless, nobrainers!

There is just no one there that you could compare to Hu, Putin or Singh.
You will reap what you sow!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-24 17:58:43 |Display all floors

Reply #18 gotohell's post

I'd just like to say for the record, with the way that you talk, gotohell, you wouldn't compare to the likes of ummmmmm, Bush or Blair yourself.......actually, I doubt if you'd compare to an inmate of Americas finest government sponsored institutions!
I'm hardly pro Bush, but I'm definitely not anti-American, or human. You on the other hand are anti anything and everything western......more fool you!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-24 23:46:43 |Display all floors
I still remembered what my political teacher told me  ten years ago. Either the Republican party or the  Democratic party enter the White House ,  there is no differnce. Both of them only protect the interests of  upper level and middle class people. The poor can not benefit from it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-25 15:07:39 |Display all floors
Originally posted by exportedkiwi at 2008-1-24 17:58
I'd just like to say for the record, with the way that you talk, gotohell, you wouldn't compare to the likes of ummmmmm, Bush or Blair yourself.......actually, I doubt if you'd compare to an inmate ...

Well, your true nature seems to be surfacing and proves what I have always thought.

You need to look at post #18 again and tell us all what you disagree with instead of launching into an attack that you clearly cannot continue with or sustain.

Of course, my intelligence is of a higher order than you, Bush or Blair, but when you are talking to neanderthals then you have to talk to them in a language that they can understand.
You will reap what you sow!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.