Views: 5599|Replies: 20

what's your opinion about buying house in usa? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-1-17 11:09:53 |Display all floors
When and why good to buy house? Any reply will be very appreciated. thanks!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-17 15:21:50 |Display all floors
Originally posted by beijinggirl at 2008-1-17 11:09
When and why good to buy house? Any reply will be very appreciated. thanks!

Wait a little longer as they will get quite cheap.

The Americans are losing their homes because their economy is soon taking a nosedive.
You will reap what you sow!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-17 16:20:20 |Display all floors

Reply #1 beijinggirl's post

Maybe you can invest in those instruments called REITs...

They own vast tract of commercial properties in the USA.
It would rebound strongly should economy recovers after it faces recession!

Green DRagon

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-18 10:44:05 |Display all floors

the truth is ?

Everybody says that the economic is declining. And I do feel something wrong in fact I am more concerned about China economic. As a fact that the price of realty is the lowest in 15 years. My question is when do you think it’s a good time to buy house?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-18 10:54:06 |Display all floors
its hard to comment any further on such a general question, especially without prior knowledge of the location and the condition of the property you are interested in.

But is the expected the declining house market will continue untill 2010.  However, it is unlcear how this expection is going to play out.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-18 10:59:59 |Display all floors
Originally posted by beijinggirl at 1/17/2008 08:44 PM
Everybody says that the economic is declining. And I do feel something wrong in fact I am more concerned about China economic. As a fact that the price of realty is the lowest in 15 years. My question is when do you think it’s a good time to buy house?  

Here are a few things to consider:

1)  Do you have at least 20% of money needed to buy a house (traditional lowest down payment level)?

2)  Do you have children?

3)  How far do you have to go to work?

4)  Do you like the neighborhood?

These are the basic four questions you need to ask - given that your home should be your investment for 10 to 30 years.  You want to live in a good school district when you have children, while keeping relatively in range of where you work.

Now depending on where you live in the U.S.A. - there are other factors - care to elaborate a little where you are?
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-19 01:16:20 |Display all floors

Assuming you are in Bay Area from your previous post

Bay Area is most expensive in the country so if you don't have to stay there maybe other part of the country is an option.
Los Angeles is little bit cheap with same if not more Asians.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.