Author: wujunqing

does our country should ban death penalty [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-1-17 10:49:42 |Display all floors
Official gets death for raping virgins
(Xinhua)
Updated: 2008-01-16 14:19

A former political adviser in Henan Province was sentenced to death for committing six crimes, including raping more than 20 virgin girls in less than two years.

Wu Tianxi, 61, former vice chairman of Zhenping County's Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference, was handed a death sentence along with a fine of 500,000 yuan (US$68,966) for raping more than 20 girls between the ages of 12 and 16. He was also found guilty of organizing and running a crime syndicate, Nanyang Intermediate People's Court ruled, the local Oriental Today reported Wednesday.

In previous reports, Wu, the richest person in Zhenping, was said to have raped 36 virgin girls.

In the spring of 2005, Wu asked a woman named Liu Pei to look for virgins for him as he hoped to save his deteriorating health and wealth by having sex with virgins, the report said.

Wu, the general manager of a food company in Zhenping, was detained on April 17.

Wu denied all the rape accusations in previous trials, stating he only engaged in prostitution.

Sexual intercourse with a girl under 14 is considered statutory rape in China and a criminal offense. Prostitution is a misdemeanor.

Police and prosecutors admitted they faced high pressure in tackling the case because of Wu's political status, according to a previous Xinhua news agency report.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-17 12:29:21 |Display all floors
Originally posted by satsu_jin at 2008-1-16 15:34

I consider the whole discussion about capital punishment to be useless. There are pros and cons as it is with almost everything in life. Europe has a different view than America, China or for t ...

greate analysis!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-17 13:54:10 |Display all floors

Question :- It is OK for someone to take away yr loved one lives???

What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-17 16:16:12 |Display all floors

Reply #29 caringhk's post

how come so many of your friends at the spa got so many kind of exotic affiliation.

i just saw one guy, who is so spotted, that you'll think he is pluto without a penis!

ha ha ha

Green DRagon

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-17 17:44:39 |Display all floors
We need to remember that every country is different. Different problems invite different solutions according to their society at the time. What's good for one isn't necessarily good for another.

But I like the idea of ''Death'' or ''Banishment''

That way, those countries who persist in telling other countries how to model their societies can adopt the rapists, murderers etc as fast as they can be evicted.

I don't think that they should be given a passport though.

Oh, and it would probably be a good idea to get a country to sponsor your crime before committing it.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-17 21:53:27 |Display all floors
First of all, let's welcome the civil-voiced question which sounds far more odd in the money-worshiped society. Yet the question arouses my question. That is, who would be the biggest beneficiary of the abolishment of death penalty?

In practice, no country today abusively punishes his every guilty person. The article of death penalty is, however, still worldwide employed. Why? Although the question might ascend beyond my intelligence, I think there are some distinctive phenomena in favor of the presence of death penalty.

For example one, the Japanese murderers in world war II flagrantly committed killing of millions Chinese under the flag of building east-Asian prosperity. The winter of 1937 saw the appalling slaughter of whole Nanjing residents who were about to submit to the well-armed Japanese invaders. Thanks to the our brave parents and the mighty help of other righteous friends, the monstrous Japanese was cracked down at last. According to the internationally conventional law, several principals were sentenced to death, however which was widely deemed to under-pay the over performance of them. Provided that death penalty were prohibited, what's your reflection about that, my country fellows?

Due to my narrow history knowledge, no worse example could be available other than Japanese imperialists in the world.  But that is not the least hint of the necessity of scoring out the death-penalty article off our law.

If they really have a common touch with working families, and don't eschew the corruption aspect in various authorities, the highflown question might be no more heard. Personally, quite a few of officials like Chen Xi tong, Chen Ke jie and so on should deserve their death penalty. Their scandals are still shocking the nation despite of their sublimation from the earth years ago. I believe no one could bear with these corrupted officials who possessed the venality of huge bread taken from common families.

We don't want to deprive of all the guilty lives. No need, according to our nature. But we should not compromise to something evil that brings catastrophe to our society. The function of death penalty is not mere the punishment of death-deserved criminals, but also the alarm light to the dangerous train in some people's minds.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-18 20:16:04 |Display all floors

No way in the near future in china

Though some human right activists can cite a good number of reasons against the existence of death penalty, it does exist for a reason and we also do not lack evidence
if the capital punishment can help keep the society's order and prevent people from crimes ,then we allow it to continue to exist
The Sun rises every day from the East !

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.